GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jax fl meets

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
And does anyone recommend a DCC compatible set of shocks/struts online anywhere with link to site? I’m having a hell of a time finding.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah dude I’m open to that. Just message me this weekend and let me know what’s what.
I'll have time tomorrow and Saturday to see if I can resolve the issue.

It's coming from the area is the CC and it's the last thing I installed.

I checked it after a week of street driving and it was bone dry. I got around to emptying it just now with car sitting since Daytona and it was 1/3 full with pure oil.

I'll mess with it tomorrow, but I'm wondering if after cooling down, the can's canister loosened a little and that just residual pressure bleeding off. I retightened everything and I'll see tomorrow if it is still making whale mating sounds.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I'll have time tomorrow and Saturday to see if I can resolve the issue.

It's coming from the area is the CC and it's the last thing I installed.

I checked it after a week of street driving and it was bone dry. I got around to emptying it just now with car sitting since Daytona and it was 1/3 full with pure oil.

I'll mess with it tomorrow, but I'm wondering if after cooling down, the can's canister loosened a little and that just residual pressure bleeding off. I retightened everything and I'll see tomorrow if it is still making whale mating sounds.
Hmm that's interesting. From my limited experience, whale mating sounds are not OEM. I would suggest you try plugging the stock PCV piping back in, but then you would have to get that damn connector off again 😆

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
And does anyone recommend a DCC compatible set of shocks/struts online anywhere with link to site? I’m having a hell of a time finding.
I'm pretty sure Bilstein is the only game in town.

What's your goal with the car? Is this just fun daily? You have any desire to autocross or track?

If a street car or occasional autocross, get the Bilstein replaced setup for DCC.

If you want to get more serious, code out DCC and get a set of redshift custom shocks/struts.

Cost about the same either way.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Hmm that's interesting. From my limited experience, whale mating sounds are not OEM. I would suggest you try plugging the stock PCV piping back in, but then you would have to get that damn connector off again 😆
I think you're right, the whales didn't sound German.

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
No, just do the strut bushings and bearings unless you're having issues with noises, tire wear or alignment.
Correct me if I’m wrong, you’re saying keep everything stock (including struts and shocks) and only replace bushings and bearings? Appreciate the assist.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Correct me if I’m wrong, you’re saying keep everything stock (including struts and shocks) and only replace bushings and bearings? Appreciate the assist.
I'm saying if you're replacing the struts and shocks on a street car with no other issues or noises at 35k miles, you only need to replace strut bushings and bearings. While you're there, do the Eurosport camber kit, which is inserted in the stock strut bushing.

I guess the first question is, why are you replacing the shocks and struts and what will you be doing with the car?

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
I'm saying if you're replacing the struts and shocks on a street car with no other issues or noises at 35k miles, you only need to replace strut bushings and bearings. While you're there, do the Eurosport camber kit, which is inserted in the stock strut bushing.

I guess the first question is, why are you replacing the shocks and struts and what will you be doing with the car?
Yeah sorry. I’m just using it as a daily, no track no autocross. I’ve been told for the drop I’m looking to achieve(1”-1.3”) I don’t need to replace shocks and struts and then I hear I do. Was just trying to get your take on it. Copy strut bushings and bearings/camber kit. Gracias amigo.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah sorry. I’m just using it as a daily, no track no autocross. I’ve been told for the drop I’m looking to achieve(1”-1.3”) I don’t need to replace shocks and struts and then I hear I do. Was just trying to get your take on it. Copy strut bushings and bearings/camber kit. Gracias amigo.
35k mile DCC with 1" lowering, I wouldn't replace if they aren't leaking.

Base Sachs shocks with 0 miles I'd replace with 1" drop. They're that bad.