GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I think I did the calc right to target a max ~E30

1652372623869.png

Anyway, obviously not logging any parameters let alone actual E content so I'm not gonna provide any conjecture. Car feels fine, and technically should burn cooler and reduce chance of knock, which helps as it's 90* out and I don't got no intercooler. Lol. Historically, running a few gallons of E has 'felt fine' and smooth in previous cars.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Come back in 3 weeks after we have discussed panda bears, the periodic table, sandwich condiments, and how likely it is that Tupac is living in a secret Atlantis under the sea off the coast of Greece.

You forgot the discussion on what to give as a wedding gift

781e7cc3-3cd1-46d5-9c24-8135b0713a6b_text.gif

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Doesn’t e85 rob low end power for top end power? I understand it’s small amount, but with concerns of the turbo lag?
Never heard that. I thought the only downside to running E was availability for some.

starsmith

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Urano Grey GTI
Doesn’t e85 rob low end power for top end power? I understand it’s small amount, but with concerns of the turbo lag?
Where did you hear this? The higher octane and lower IAT afforded by E should theoretically put more power on the table through the whole rev range, and this seems to square with all the dyno charts I've seen comparing 93 and E...

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I have an e85 pump near my work. always try to throw a gallon or two in the tank when filling for added knock insurance with our crappy 91 gas. cool story, i know