Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I have the euro bleeder, works great.

the black label looks like it has an aluminum cap for some reason, can't imagine why that would be necessary.
30 psi could strain the plastic I suppose. Mainly why I'm checking to see if the aluminum cap is worth the extra cost.

Edit: Ahh, apparently they don't recommend going over 20PSI on the plastic cap.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I have the one with the plastic cap. Used it a few times, no issues.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
If swapping to a dual bleeder screw caliper is it still inner then outer, or do you have to bleed both at the same time?

Anyone have the bleed order off hand? Think it was DF,PF,DR,PR?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
30 psi could strain the plastic I suppose. Mainly why I'm checking to see if the aluminum cap is worth the extra cost.

Edit: Ahh, apparently they don't recommend going over 20PSI on the plastic cap.
I'm only comfortable going to 15 psi anyway, I've heard horror stories from older generations about damaging the master cylinder at higher PSIs. I can't remember what the book rating is for MK7's, but 15 psi is plenty for just bleeding brakes and clutch.
If swapping to a dual bleeder screw caliper is it still inner then outer, or do you have to bleed both at the same time?

Anyone have the bleed order off hand? Think it was DF,PF,DR,PR?
Yes, inner then outer for dual bleeders.

I think your order is correct for VW's. I've done that order and the way every car is (furthest from MC then closest), and they both work.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I'm only comfortable going to 15 psi anyway, I've heard horror stories from older generations about damaging the master cylinder at higher PSIs. I can't remember what the book rating is for MK7's, but 15 psi is plenty for just bleeding brakes and clutch.

Yes, inner then outer for dual bleeders.

I think your order is correct for VW's. I've done that order and the way every car is (furthest from MC then closest), and they both work.
Erwin guides call for 30 PSI to flush the ABS module on the mk7. Suppose I'll get the fancy cap just in case.

Okay perfect. Think I read on one of the swap threads to bleed both screws and both fronts at the same time. Didn't sound right, but figured I'd double check. I'm used to inboard screw to outboard screw and one caliper at a time, but that info is dated hah.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Not necessarily a stupid question but i had A crazy dream last night that the GTI had a smart digital dash in which would symbolize a clutch spinning if it was actually slipping during driving. Would also warn you to back off and drive safely 😂🤣

I’ve been thinking about my clutch for way to long-

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Kind of a dumb question but, is a repaired turbo a ticking time bomb? Some context;
Dealership end of last year diagnosed seized wastegate on my is20, car is completely stock. Drove it limp for a while but then had my indy shop (reputable VAG shop) repair the existing turbo because it was much more affordable. I don't like to cut corners when it comes to the car so it's been bugging me since then.

Reason I ask is because I mentioned it to another member when we met up to swap parts and his reaction was "woah bold move" as if it was a risk. How risky is it?

Cheers

cb1111

Hard to say. If they did a proper repair then it is no more likely to start blowing chunks than a regular turbo (or a second hand used one), but if it does implode then you'll be second guessing yourself - don't.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Not necessarily a stupid question but i had A crazy dream last night that the GTI had a smart digital dash in which would symbolize a clutch spinning if it was actually slipping during driving. Would also warn you to back off and drive safely 😂🤣

I’ve been thinking about my clutch for way to long-
The dashboard does warn that the clutch is slipping.

When you go from building up revs at a reasonable pace, to just jumping out redlining that's the warning that your clutch is slipping.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The dashboard does warn that the clutch is slipping.

When you go from building up revs at a reasonable pace, to just jumping out redlining that's the warning that your clutch is slipping.
The clutch on my mk6 actually did the opposite. I always saw comments saying that the revs will spike, but I never experienced that. My revs would hold in place for a couple seconds and then continue to climb.

If the gear indicator disappears in the middle of a pull you know your clutch is slipping though.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
The clutch on my mk6 actually did the opposite. I always saw comments saying that the revs will spike, but I never experienced that. My revs would hold into place for a couple seconds and then continue to climb.

If the gear indicator disappears in the middle of a pull you know your clutch is slipping though.
Interesting,

I've never seen that before. Would the revs hang when you let off the accelerator or did you have your foot down and that's when it would hold in place?

For me it was like I shifted the car into neutral. I would go from 2k to redline like I was revving out in the parking lot to impress the ladies.