GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
so it's been about a week and APR posted no pics or vids of their supposed testing last weekend.

Just seems weird, if they want some publicity about the kit it's being kept really hush hush.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I was just wanna see the kit in action i guess lol.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I was just wanna see the kit in action i guess lol.
What does "in action" mean to you? It just seems like what you're asking for keeps shifting and is kind of vague. I'm sure APR would love to make sure consumers are excited and informed, but it's hard to decipher what you're asking for.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
so it's been about a week and APR posted no pics or vids of their supposed testing last weekend.

Just seems weird, if they want some publicity about the kit it's being kept really hush hush.

I've made several posts now.

- Track testing: Showed a photos. Gave a forum update. I did not attend.

- What we're doing now: Updating files. I gave a forum update on this. It's a long process.

- What we're doing next: Verifying on another Simos 18.10 car. Will take a moment. Have to install a kit.

- What we're doing while that's going on: Verifying on Simos 18.x cars. Will take a moment to test. Then will take a while to get all files prepared.

I give updates when there are updates. Most everything is boring. Making files is a long boring thing.

Last edited:

WagenWizard

Ready to race!
70461634b2833d62687746c66f27eeea.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
EQT has a couple on base maps, but off the top of my head i don't think either is MPI/E85.

Eventually we'll get one we can really lean on.

I'm going to assume and understand the answer would be "No", but have to ask abyway. Could you share logs you've seen of various setups, since logs don't usually have any PII? Finding logs of the less popular turbos, things like this or the PMaX Stage 1 are incredibly hard to come by, and would be great to see.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^thats what i'm talking about!

lmao.

Sorry i guess i'm getting pedantic. Just excited to see some action.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Don't you see that every time you drive the car though?
not really, not yet lol. again i guess the extra rpm in the stage 3 tcu tune is welcome, the kit still doesn't hurt my balls. then again i'm kinda used to ~400whp setups by now