GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
What???? You were able to order one from fcp euro? I thought it was backordered.
It was available for like a day or 2. A member in this thread posted they were available and I bought one.

I originally ordered the kit through the shop doing my install but they said they can’t match FCP’s warranty (or purchase from them and pass the warranty along to the customer), so I nixed that order for this. And now, we wait… installation in 2 short weeks.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Sig updated until we get some numbers :ROFLMAO:

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
It is.

I drove by there on the way home from work tonight. They are right in front of the shop racing towards a blind corner. Not a extremely busy road but pretty fucking stupid to be racing in that direction.

View attachment 247818
Resurrecting this saga to note that the GTI owner also appears to have stock non-PP brakes.

A7772ADE-F614-436A-9640-CC5522D266F7.jpeg

Just sayin’, safety before speed… you’re gonna essentially double the factory HP and not touch the brakes?

My GTI is a non-PP too but I made sure to upgrade the tires and brakes all around (PP swap front and rear w/ stoptech rotors and EBC Redstuff pads) in anticipation of adding more than stage 1 power. I had little confidence in the stock brakes at stage 1, can’t fathom how this guy trusts them with this kit installed.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Fuck all you guys and your APR boxes trying to derail this thread and make more power

I think everyone in here is waiting to hear how to make more power with this kit 163 pages in. Stay tuned.

BTW, is this thread admissible in court? rofl. Sorry, Johnny and Turd taking the nation had me thinking.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Install it.... pllllllease..
I still have a bunch of stuff I need to buy for fuel, the exhaust, plus an intercooler.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Resurrecting this saga to note that the GTI owner also appears to have stock non-PP brakes.

View attachment 248414

Just sayin’, safety before speed… you’re gonna essentially double the factory HP and not touch the brakes?

My GTI is a non-PP too but I made sure to upgrade the tires and brakes all around (PP swap front and rear w/ stoptech rotors and EBC Redstuff pads) in anticipation of adding more than stage 1 power. I had little confidence in the stock brakes at stage 1, can’t fathom how this guy trusts them with this kit installed.
I didn't relize how small non-PP brakes are until I saw this image. Hope this dude doesn't wrap himself around a tree or kill anyone.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
The 312mm brakes are fine with good pads and rotors. Tires also play a big factor in braking too. I currently have 288mm and will be going to 312mm.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Update

Simos 18.10 (Newer ECUs, like the MK7 GLI and later model GTIs)
  • All files are on DPP under BETA.
  • Next week we will install the kit on one more GLI in house (same box code as brandon's car), and will confirm everything.
  • Files will then be updated to production.
Simos 18.x (Older ECUs)
  • Next week we are verifying all updates.
  • Files will then be updated and pushed to production.
R/S3/TTS
  • no updated needed at the moment
DQ381 Transmission
  • Some files are ready on DPP in beta.
  • More files are being updated.
DQ250 Transmission
  • no updated needed at the moment
Beta Note
  • We anticipate no changes, but we're checking aways.
  • Anyone can get the BETA file now (see below).
  • The dealer has to reach out to us to get access to the BETA group.
Production Note
  • When everything is pushed to production will alert customers and dealers.
  • We will be taking care of all of you on this once it's in production (not beta).
  • No charge - will give details when it's ready so everyone is updated.

Last edited: