GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
What the crap is up with my DSG? Warm and cold, doesn’t matter…. At least today.
Whether from P to D, or in D and from a stop…..its like a couple second delay before it recognizes it’s in D….

just happened in reverse too.

Just started happening today…. Was fine yesterday.

What gives??

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
What the crap is up with my DSG? Warm and cold, doesn’t matter…. At least today.
Whether from P to D, or in D and from a stop…..its like a couple second delay before it recognizes it’s in D….

just happened in reverse too.

Just started happening today…. Was fine yesterday.

What gives??
Mine's done this since day one. It does seem to be more pronounced lately, though, particularly from R to D. People probably think I'm a newb driving a standard, because the car just hesitates for a sec and seems like it wants to stall out...

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Mine's done this since day one. It does seem to be more pronounced lately, though, particularly from R to D. People probably think I'm a newb driving a standard, because the car just hesitates for a sec and seems like it wants to stall out...
Yeah so weird…exact same issue that just happened yesterday…extremely pronounced

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
I have a stock 2021 gti with 6000 miles. the car started to develop squeak from front driver side wheel well when very cold and/or wet, I first noticed it when parallel parking in the winter. now that the weather is warmer, the sound has persisted and is now audible all the time at low speeds and when turning the wheel and going over bumps. the best way to describe the sound is that it sounds like rubber squeaking or rubbing up against something else rubber however this sound is also audible from the driver seat while driving and sounds more like a creaky door from the cockpit and squeak when turning with the windows open. I had someone sit in my car and turn the wheel while I stood next outside next to the tire and it sounds like the noise is coming from the upper area behind the wheel. I took high powered led flashlight to make sure nothing was rubbing and nothing looked off to my immediate inspection. my tires are 245/40/18 18x8.5 but they are not rubbing as far as I can tell. This definitely seems either like something is broken or needs lubrication. I know I have a warranty but I really didn't plan on bringing my car to the dealership even for the free oil changes so I am dreading handing my car over to some rookies who will joyride my car and tell me they could not replicate the problem and that they're sorry. should I just try spraying some clear silicone on something myself? would appreciate some visual guide to where to spray because I do not really know what to look for

Last edited:

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
I have a stock 2021 gti with 6000 miles. the car started to develop squeak from front driver side wheel well when very cold and/or wet, I first noticed it when parallel parking in the winter. now that the weather is warmer, the sound has persisted and is now audible all the time at low speeds and when turning the wheel and going over bumps. the best way to describe the sound is that it sounds like rubber squeaking or rubbing up against something else rubber however this sound is also audible from the driver seat while driving and sounds more like a creaky door from the cockpit and squeak when turning with the windows open. I had sit in my car and turn the wheel while I stood next outside next to the tire and it sounds like the noise is coming from the upper area behind the wheel. I took high powered led flashlight to make sure nothing was rubbing and nothing looked off to my immediate inspection. my tires are 245/40/18 18x8.5 but they are not rubbing as far as I can tell. This definitely seems either like something is broken or needs lubrication. I know I have a warranty but I really didn't plan on bringing my car to the dealership even for the free oil changes so I am dreading handing my car over to some rookies who will joyride my car and tell me they could not replicate the problem and that they're sorry. should I just try spraying some clear silicone on something myself? would appreciate some visual guide to where to spray because I do not really know what to look for
You could try soaking all 4 lower control arm bushings in silicone spray

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I have the same problem. I press on the accelerator and my car doesn't start moving forward.

But then I remember to lift my left foot.

cb1111

Urgentish question. My nephew has a 2016 Jetta SE and his battery dies. If he buys one from O'Reilly (he is in San francisco) or AutoZone, what size code does he need. Both sites list 47, 48, H5, 140 - with the 140 listed as difficult install (so that's not right).

Any thoughts on which of the two have better batteries?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Urgentish question. My nephew has a 2016 Jetta SE and his battery dies. If he buys one from O'Reilly (he is in San francisco) or AutoZone, what size code does he need. Both sites list 47, 48, H5, 140 - with the 140 listed as difficult install (so that's not right).

Any thoughts on which of the two have better batteries?
Not sure if the Jetta is any different but stock size for my GTI was H5, but I replaced it with an H6 - the biggest that will fit the tray

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Changing the fluid is the obvious decision but this just happens too randomly. New car, used car it doesn't seem to matter. I would have them reflash the tune at least.

camel_golf2

Car(s)
7.5 R
2018 DCC R. Looking to install the Eibach pro kit springs and curious if the car needs to be level to swap the rear springs? I would be jacking one side up at a time.

Going to have the fronts done by a shop but the back is simple enough for me to do at home.

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
will the turbo lag be more noticeable when I swap my IS20 for a S3 IS38?

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
aNyOnE oUt tHeRe HaVe a StAgE 2 ??