GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC Light at high RPM, EQT tune second revision *Update: Car is now a hot mess

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
No one listens to me.
For a while we didn't have MPI...and I never planned to run e85 so...

But yes...should have gone MPI

This is my log with a shitty pump when I got a misfire in cyl 3:

https://datazap.me/u/daks/log-1650596124?log=0&data=8-15-19 . Look at the duty.

This is a log with a good HPFP

https://datazap.me/u/daks/log-1651198877?log=0&data=8-15-19
That doesn't look fine.
Uhhgg

So the question is...am I good to leave this HPFP in place and add MPI? Or should I just get a new HPFP from EQT?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
For a while we didn't have MPI...and I never planned to run e85 so...

But yes...should have gone MPI

Uhhgg

So the question is...am I good to leave this HPFP in place and add MPI? Or should I just get a new HPFP from EQT?
That's up to you and your budget to decide. Apparently, MPI also helps against erectile disfunction, rust, is on its way to solving the crisis in Ukraine, and ending COVID once and for all.

I ordered a pre-assembled unit from EQT and that solved my problems.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Did you buy the internals and install them yourself, or buy one pre-assembled?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That doesn't look fine.

@PerceivedShift's HPFP

1651239808054.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No one listens to me.

Because people want the path of least resistance @Diggs24 . Swapping out a HPFP is much easier than dealing with MPI. But you are correct. There, I said it, was that so hard?

I'll be the one to argue against it.

It's not always the right answer.

All the issues I've seen with HPFP or HPFP/LPFP issues aren't due to the inherent nature of the setup, that would be resolved by MPI. The issues are always either improper install, or faulty parts. Someone could botch an MPI install, or get some Zhong Zhong fuel rail, and have the same issues

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Installed myself, took my time in a clean environment, still F-ed it up.

I really should have started a build thread...you might have talked me into going MPI.

View attachment 247594
I didn't trust myself messing about with it, so I bought a pre-assembled HPA one, which shit the bed. Then I bought a pre-assembled EQT one that looks to be doing ok thus far.

Last edited:

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
At least swapping out a HPFP is an easy job...at least I got that going for me...which is nice.

:cry:

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
I didn't trust myself messing about with it, so I bought a pre-assembled HP one, which shit the bed. Then I bought a pre-assembled EQT one that looks to be doing ok thus far.
Yea, after im done feeling sorry for myself I'll probably have one on order by the end of the day.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Installed myself, took my time in a clean environment, still F-ed it up.

It seems like such a crapshoot. I thought the same. Installed myself, clean environment, followed all the tips. Thought everything was fine.

Nope.

Internals still looked pristine when I took them out. No scoring or anything. Even Autotech said "We have no idea what was wrong, these look fine". But clearly something was.