GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Thank you.

Now for the next stupid question. If I did that, and then tomorrow decided I'll hook my personal phone up today (android) would I need to do that process again?
Nah you should only have to do it once. Sometimes just needs its head knocked straight now and again.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Here's my dumb question: anyone have a problem with leaves/tree shit getting into the hatch even when it's closed? I street park sadly and usually under trees and was surprised to find various bits of debris around even though I hadn't had the hatch opened at all. Normal or a bad seal somewhere?

Attachments

• IMG_1882.jpeg
    IMG_1882.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1883.jpeg
    IMG_1883.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1884.jpeg
    IMG_1884.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 52

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Here's my dumb question: anyone have a problem with leaves/tree shit getting into the hatch even when it's closed? I street park sadly and usually under trees and was surprised to find various bits of debris around even though I hadn't had the hatch opened at all. Normal or a bad seal somewhere?
Do you drive with your windows down? Could just be debris that blew in if that's the case. Any issue with leaks?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Hm I do, so I guess possible. No similar debris in the cabin, though, just the hatch. No leaks as far as I've been able to tell.
You'll tend to get more in the hatch as it's a dead end. At least I do on my wagon. I drive with all windows down though.

If you had that much debris coming in through a seal I'd be concerned. I'd think it's probably from driving considering how dispersed it is.

ryanea888

Car(s)
2021 GTI SE 6MT
Looking to purchase an Aerofabb spoiler extension for my MK7.5, but I really do not want to drill holes into my existing spoiler. I feel like the 3M VHB mounting tape would be enough considering that Rennwagen's aluminum spoiler seems to be holding on just fine with the same double-sided tape with other owners. Has anyone else tried this or would recommend against it?

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
My EQT Stage 2 (Staged) Tune has a bunch of random numbers in the file name.

534534543-23424-24234234-23423432-GTI-S-Stage-2-93

My EQT Stage 1 (Staged) Tune doesn't have that.

GTI-S-Stage-1-93

should I be concerned?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
My EQT Stage 2 (Staged) Tune has a bunch of random numbers in the file name.

534534543-23424-24234234-23423432-GTI-S-Stage-2-93

My EQT Stage 1 (Staged) Tune doesn't have that.

GTI-S-Stage-1-93

should I be concerned?
You got a knock off tune

jmg

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI, G82 M4
I'm attempting to buy a used 2019 MK7.5 GTI and just found out there is "air in the clutch system". The car has less than 12k miles on it. How does it have clutch problems at 12k miles? Was this car abused?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Last edited:
Reactions: jmg

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I'm attempting to buy a used 2019 MK7.5 GTI and just found out there is "air in the clutch system". The car has less than 12k miles on it. How does it have clutch problems at 12k miles? Was this car abused?
I'm not sure how they would get air into the clutch lines unless they either replaced the clutch or did bleeder block / delay valve mod. So it's definitely been tampered with, just can't tell you how much. If they put in an aftermarket clutch, that's a 100% guarantee that it was also tuned. If it's just the delay valve, it's possible they just did that for clutch feel, it's very common.

Reactions: jmg