GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

SaiiBoost

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S
Pretty sure being as they made it a point to say the ball bearings were German, it almost certain the turbo is made in China. I think I have a defective unit as well as mine whistle exactly like a blown turbo.
It has antisurge ports in the compressor inlet. It's supposed to whistle..................

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
It has antisurge ports in the compressor inlet. It's supposed to whistle..................
The stock turbos are so quiet by design it seems. My vortex sounds like a jet just cruising around with the windows down. I had an FP Green on my DSM years ago with their 3" aluminum intake and was even louder.

Malingerer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
What has been people's install cost? Two local APR dealers in Chicago quoted $1500+ for install alone.
I got quoted 950.00 . From a VW/Audi speciality shop in NJ .He said it would have been a little cheaper but I have a PP car and he had to drop the limited slip to install the turbo ??? Can anyone if that is accurate

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
I got quoted 950.00 . From a VW/Audi speciality shop in NJ .He said it would have been a little cheaper but I have a PP car and he had to drop the limited slip to install the turbo ??? Can anyone if that is accurate
No, the only reason you'd drop the LSD is for easier access to the turbo, but its absolutely not required.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I’ve never dropped that to install the three or four turbos I’ve done.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI

Yeah seems like a ton of extra work for a job that can be done 95% from the top. The only reason I get under the car is to lower the downpipe some to just get more working room for the oil return line and turbo bracket.

Malingerer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Thanks fellas so Not Necessary But does make the job easier ? From what I’m seeing 950 Isn’t too bad for a turbo install Especially since we are less. Than an hour from NYC and the cost that comes along with it
Unfortunately

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
tbh 950 is a very decent price in my opinion unless you can find an indie shop to do it for cash.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Thanks fellas so Not Necessary But does make the job easier ? From what I’m seeing 950 Isn’t too bad for a turbo install Especially since we are less. Than an hour from NYC and the cost that comes along with it
Unfortunately
If they prefer to pull the LSD but are also priced fair in your area, whether they pull it or not I guess is up to them.