GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Guide and Review: AKD AliExpress MK7.5 LED Tail Lights for NAR MK7 Golf

HemnJimy

Car(s)
MK 7 GTI
I used the instructions from the link in this post- https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/vland-mk7-5-sequential-taillight.386591/post-7685117 (post #14)

Connecting that included yellow wire without any coding didn't do anything for me. I then tried some coding, which got things working, but not properly. Then I tried a harness from Amazon, and that just messed things up. Then I followed the instructions on the linked post, and everything worked perfectly.

So you don't need any additional harness, just follow the directions linked in the post I copied above about repinning wires, and then do the coding, and everything should work properly. At least it did for my 2017 GTI sport (USA).

Note- be sure to write down any differences in your stock coding so you can change it back if you need to later.
Great, appreciate the help, will try it tomorrow 👍

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I used the instructions from the link in this post- https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/vland-mk7-5-sequential-taillight.386591/post-7685117 (post #14)

Connecting that included yellow wire without any coding didn't do anything for me. I then tried some coding, which got things working, but not properly. Then I tried a harness from Amazon, and that just messed things up. Then I followed the instructions on the linked post, and everything worked perfectly.

So you don't need any additional harness, just follow the directions linked in the post I copied above about repinning wires, and then do the coding, and everything should work properly. At least it did for my 2017 GTI sport (USA).

Note- be sure to write down any differences in your stock coding so you can change it back if you need to later.
I had a post somewhere that had factory values and updated for the new lamps. Can’t find it now.

HemnJimy

Car(s)
MK 7 GTI

I looked at this in details, won't this disable the break lights?, since they are in separate pins on the taillights??
IMG_20220111_234127.jpg
IMG_20220112_081543.jpg
IMG_20220112_081510.jpg
IMG_20220112_081553.jpg
IMG_20220112_081601.jpg

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
These are ROW (rest of world) lamps you’re putting into an NAR (North American region) vehicle. It’s not a plug and play setup. You need to move the pins to actually power the proper circuits when needed, parking lights/brakes and turn signals. They use a different pinout configuration than we do.

HemnJimy

Car(s)
MK 7 GTI
These are ROW (rest of world) lamps you’re putting into an NAR (North American region) vehicle. It’s not a plug and play setup. You need to move the pins to actually power the proper circuits when needed, parking lights/brakes and turn signals. They use a different pinout configuration than we do.
I understand, but what i mean the guide you mentioned to me, works for my car and those lamps correct?,, so i can start by re pining them and do the coding,, also if its possible for you maybe we can talk on what's up or other apps just so i can confirm the wires before doing it.

Thank you

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I understand, but what i mean the guide you mentioned to me, works for my car and those lamps correct?,, so i can start by re pining them and do the coding,, also if its possible for you maybe we can talk on what's up or other apps just so i can confirm the wires before doing it.

Thank you
Correct. It’s the exact guide I used. Feel free to PM here.

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T

Baliztik

Car(s)
MK7 R
  • Step 6 (Optional) ) Run a wire from the right side inner reverse lamp to the left side inner reverse lamp to bridge them. This will turn both of your reverse lamps back on. Use this wire for best results: VW part no. 000979025E
2) When wiring the driver side reverse light, you will need the repair wire as mentioned in my original post. However, most of the sellers do not sell a wire that is long enough to go from one end to another. You'll need around 150cm of wire to do so. If you cannot find a wire that long, you can instead splice the reverse signal wire that goes to the camera near the rear camera. That way you can use a slightly shorter wire that you can find easily.
@ZERO815

Just checking if there's any detailed instructions on the pin/closing for the reverse light.

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
@ZERO815

Just checking if there's any detailed instructions on the pin/closing for the reverse light.

my guy at the shop during that time simply soldered both wires (my sig) together with parts of a paper clip.

And used one of those wire heat shrink transparent tube to cover it up. that's it

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Which wires?
the ones in my signature which you will have to buy. purpose of these wires is to provide power to the left reverse light from the right side directly.