GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I haven't followed this thread closely, but has anyone with lighting package upgraded to these Osrams? The description is a little confusing to me, it says they are for Golf 7 models with xenon headlights and halogen DRLs. I understand lighting package headlights to be the xenons, but I thought the factory DRLs were LEDs (the U shape).

https://www.blauertacho4u.de/OSRAM-...-GTI-EDITION-Full-LED-Scheinwerfer-12777.html

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I haven't followed this thread closely, but has anyone with lighting package upgraded to these Osrams? The description is a little confusing to me, it says they are for Golf 7 models with xenon headlights and halogen DRLs. I understand lighting package headlights to be the xenons, but I thought the factory DRLs were LEDs (the U shape).

https://www.blauertacho4u.de/OSRAM-...-GTI-EDITION-Full-LED-Scheinwerfer-12777.html
They're meant for Euro low line xenon cars. You can make them work for a NAR lp car, Zero815 has. Though it will require modifying the stock plugs and swapping a module with coding.

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
A few people have mentioned running the power wires directly to the fuse box area instead of to the battery terminal. Is this where you are running the wires to? (pic below) I'm not super happy with how my wires are running currently, basically running from behind the coolant reservoir and across the area where the o2 wire runs.
Could you possibly post a pic to where you connected in to the fuse box? Going to install mine this week and looking for some reference. Did it require any extra parts or was it plug and play?
Thanks!

woodardhsd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
The only extra part I needed were the terminals that plug into the underside of the fuse box. ( https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-964203-5.html )
You have to release the front cover on the fuse box, then pop the fuse panel out of the box. I had to un-bolt all the wires up front to get enough room. Then you have to crimp your terminals onto the end of the wire coming from the headlights, and insert them from the back of the panel. I used the two slots directly above the 15A that's all by itself.

Credit for attachments goes to ZERO815

Attachments

• 20220119_Fuse_box_B.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 103
  • 20200405_145625551_iOS.jpg
    20200405_145625551_iOS.jpg
    744.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Finally got these installed, definitely updates the look of the front end over the halogens. Only small complaint is the dynamic turn signals are a little dim in the daylight with visible individual LED's (not as smooth/diffused looking as the DRL's). I'll try to post some more pictures and thanks everyone who provided input;

DSC_0003.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 203
  • DSC_0338.JPG
    DSC_0338.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 197

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Finally got these installed, definitely updates the look of the front end over the halogens. Only small complaint is the dynamic turn signals are a little dim in the daylight with visible individual LED's (not as smooth/diffused looking as the DRL's). I'll try to post some more pictures and thanks everyone who provided input;

View attachment 245606
I believe you can code the LEDs brighter with ODB11 or VCDS.

tbell6

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Looking at these lights. Do you guys know if the lenses are clear on them or if they’re tinted? Not looking for a reason for a ticket and I can’t tell in pictures if the glass is tinted or if it’s just the black color inside the headlights making it look darker.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Looking at these lights. Do you guys know if the lenses are clear on them or if they’re tinted? Not looking for a reason for a ticket and I can’t tell in pictures if the glass is tinted or if it’s just the black color inside the headlights making it look darker.
The lenses are clear on mine.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I will have a GTI Black set for sale soon, just need to pull them from my old car.

Piqued my interest. Depending on which version, price, and condition, might be interested.