GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[HOW TO PATCH Component Protection] MIB2 Technisat/Preh Headunit Patch(gps headunits only with 2 sd card slots)

Pshiv

Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Hi, I have a mk7 Golf r 2015 plate which has mib 2 retrofitted by previous owner. All works except sports HMI and unable to update maps, all fec files are invalid. Can someone help me out with this or point me in the right direction to do repatch this? Thanks in advance

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
Hi, I have a mk7 Golf r 2015 plate which has mib 2 retrofitted by previous owner. All works except sports HMI and unable to update maps, all fec files are invalid. Can someone help me out with this or point me in the right direction to do repatch this? Thanks in advance
some details of which mib2 unit you have will be helpful

Pshiv

Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R

Attachments

• 20211031_192617.jpg
    20211031_192617.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 304

JoshDeacon

Car(s)
MK5 Golf GTI
Hi, I have a Preh mst2 unit from a SEAT Alhambra that i would like to fit in my golf and change to run VW firmware.

The current FW is MST2_EU_SE_PQ_P0475T.

Am i correct in thinking i would have to use WinMerge to go through and change the differences between this current SEAT FW and the VW FW of MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0475T? Before then carrying out the CP OFF patch after??

I am confident in carrying out this task after reading through the step by step tutorial made to convert Skoda to SEAT but i am unsure how to access metainfo2.text files? Any advice of this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nam2

Car(s)
Golf VII TDI Variant
Hi,

Update done with an old '256 Mb' SD Card 🀣.
Many many thanks for the great job πŸ‘.
I love this "low tech spirit" and I love you πŸ₯°for you great work helping us make the most of our VW cars πŸ™.

collega

Car(s)
Touran mk3
Hi Guys. I`ve got MST2_EU_VW-ZR_PO468T software in my unit with voice and andriod app off. Could you point me how to unlock those futures step by step as

collega

Car(s)
Touran mk3
yes, if you have 2 sd card slots then you can also patch it with new mibtoolbox for pq/zr
I've got 2 sd cards slots. What's the difference between doing it with that mibtoolbox. Also will that patch MST2_EU_VW_ZR_P0478T_FEC_ALL_CID_OFF_SPORT unlock voice commands and app connect ?

Last edited:

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
I've got 2 sd cards slots. What's the difference between doing it with that mibtoolbox. Also will that patch MST2_EU_VW_ZR_P0478T_FEC_ALL_CID_OFF_SPORT unlock voice commands and app connect ?
Well!! I would suggest you to do some homework before doing something with your mib2

For gigs: what's the difference when you eat rice in a bowl and also in a plate
HahahahaπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

collega

Car(s)
Touran mk3
Well!! I would suggest you to do some homework before doing something with your mib2

For gigs: what's the difference when you eat rice in a bowl and also in a plate
HahahahaπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
As far as you said patch MST2_EU_VW_ZR_P0478T_FEC_ALL_CID_OFF_SPORT will activate app connect and voice commands so i`m not sure whats the point doing it with mibtoolbox thats why i ask. I`ve seen some videos with mibtoolbox but i dont have green menu activated as my last vcds cable i was using for 2012 audi so it`s bit old for 2018 car. Any way last stuff i was doing with sat nav was few years ago on my mk1 touran rns510

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
As far as you said patch MST2_EU_VW_ZR_P0478T_FEC_ALL_CID_OFF_SPORT will activate app connect and voice commands so i`m not sure whats the point doing it with mibtoolbox thats why i ask. I`ve seen some videos with mibtoolbox but i dont have green menu activated as my last vcds cable i was using for 2012 audi so it`s bit old for 2018 car. Any way last stuff i was doing with sat nav was few years ago on my mk1 touran rns510
Go to mibwiki.one there you can find alot of information about whatever you want to do with your mib2