GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
@Arin@APR I was going over the install instructions. I was looking specifically at the install of the oil feed line. It’s usually recommended to add some oil into the turbo before installing the line. I also didn’t see a specific starting/priming procedure instead of adding oil. Is this recommended to do this?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Branman, It's always a good idea to do that. We usually use a syringe and throw some in the top before installing it.
That Liquimoly turbo-priming lube looks like the ticket.

Capture.JPG

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion
Wow, this is a good deal. Am I reading right that it's only $1500 for the kit WITH calibration included? That might not make me feel so bad about the money I've already spent with EQT. What about the DSG calibration, does that stay put or do you overwrite it? I'm also assuming it is safe to drive slowly to get to an APR dealer for the software calibration install or does it also require an APR dealer do the turbo install?

The only reason I haven't done anything extra power-wise is I hate dealing with emissions. I just want to have it and not worry. This seems perfect.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Wow, this is a good deal. Am I reading right that it's only $1500 for the kit WITH calibration included? That might not make me feel so bad about the money I've already spent with EQT. What about the DSG calibration, does that stay put or do you overwrite it?

The only reason I haven't done anything extra power-wise is I hate dealing with emissions. I just want to have it and not worry. This seems perfect.

This was answered somewhere. Yes, $1,500 with the tune software. If you need the DSG tune software, that's an additional $500. If you already have the APR DSG tune software, it's a free upgrade.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR

I think that is the whole point of this kit. I drive a MK6 Golf R with an APR stage 1 tune with a stock downpipe. APR has taken the time and money to get that Mk6 R stage 1 tune, CARB approved, so I have no emissions issues here in California. APR is leading the way it seems when it comes to emissions and tuning. I think you will see movement in the tuning market for others to do the same as the feds clamp down on companies that provide altered ECU maps. This seems so good to me, I am going to look for a MK7 GTI and sell my MK6 R. I have to applaud APR for seeking solutions that we can deploy legally and still feel that you are not contributing to bad air beyond legal limits.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Curious. With the hpfp, lpfp, and mpi tune do all readiness codes get set on both pump gas and e85? If so it is stealth enough I may take my chance on this in ca. some have said that the new check for tunes isn’t really doing much and some non smog legal tunes are getting through this testing.

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
CARB approval for California is a huge opportunity to dominate.

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I, for one, love inhaling carbon monoxide anywhere
I remember growing up in LA County and not being allowed to go out and play at recess due to smog alerts. The air was brownish orange and my lungs hurt. The politics of these policies drive me crazy but there is no doubt that the air quality has greatly improved in just a few decades.