GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SE PA / Philly / South Jersey Autobody Recs?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Hi team,

I was rear ended in my new to me Touareg last weekend and need a good shop for the repairs. Just looking for some recommendations in the Philly area, and I am willing to drive an hour or so for the right place.

My parents want me to go to Carsmetics in Mount Laurel which does tons of dealership work for the BMW Cadillac and Lexus dealers across the street but none of those are VWs, and I have a strong preference for places that have more experience working on VAG cars than other brands.

In speaking with the service guy at Smith VW in Delaware, he personally suggested Cavalo Autobody in Chadds Ford, as he had used them repeatedly for his own VWs and spoke very highly of them. I want to go with them since they are about 40 minutes away, but am open to other possibilities. Just want to know my options before pulling the trigger.

thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 178F3CE9-A340-4CCE-84A2-C2D659E3162D.jpeg
    178F3CE9-A340-4CCE-84A2-C2D659E3162D.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 42
  • 9524535D-594B-4B4E-9335-C70E25A6E00D.jpeg
    9524535D-594B-4B4E-9335-C70E25A6E00D.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 43
  • E90B094D-B29B-4836-BBCA-6DFBF5DFD51F.jpeg
    E90B094D-B29B-4836-BBCA-6DFBF5DFD51F.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 36
  • DBFD35B7-9457-4562-B31E-B3A8755FA408.jpeg
    DBFD35B7-9457-4562-B31E-B3A8755FA408.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 40

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I don’t know how far it is for you but I can personally recommend Ultimate Collision in Edison. Not the Staten Island place. They’re VW certified and also do many high end vehicles as well.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I don’t know how far it is for you but I can personally recommend Ultimate Collision in Edison. Not the Staten Island place. They’re VW certified and also do many high end vehicles as well.

Hmmm it's definitely pushing the envelope on how far I want to drive but that is enticing. Other driver's insurance is paying for it so... Might as well go with the nicest place possible.

I think I might call them right now.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Hmmm it's definitely pushing the envelope on how far I want to drive but that is enticing. Other driver's insurance is paying for it so... Might as well go with the nicest place possible.

I think I might call them right now.

wish they picked up the phone lol. Calling back in AN

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Damn. Sorry to hear that. I don’t work far from there so I just stopped in.
Thanks for the suggestion. Very, very reputable shop. Never felt so taken care of by staff at ANY type of automotive business (they usually all suck, even the ones people say they have good experiences with!).

They are pre-ordering the initial items from the estimate, and after discussing with me I am providing updated pictures of the tow hitch and exhaust for them to pre-order those items as well. They also have a relationship with a rental and can get my rental figured out for me, so the rental is waiting for me at their shop when i bring the car in.

10/10 thank you very much for the suggestion.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Thanks for the suggestion. Very, very reputable shop. Never felt so taken care of by staff at ANY type of automotive business (they usually all suck, even the ones people say they have good experiences with!).

They are pre-ordering the initial items from the estimate, and after discussing with me I am providing updated pictures of the tow hitch and exhaust for them to pre-order those items as well. They also have a relationship with a rental and can get my rental figured out for me, so the rental is waiting for me at their shop when i bring the car in.

10/10 thank you very much for the suggestion.
Oh. Awesome. Great to hear it has worked out. They treated both me and my wife great when our Hondas got hit. I have an appointment with them in April for my R. They’re work is really impeccable and they have deductible waiver, but that’s a policy for in house, not sure how it works.