GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Which engine for the Turbo VR build is it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
The upholsterer wanted to get as much of the car as possible to get the job done for delivery after the engine cylinder mod so dropped by HPA to have them remove the rear seats and get them to him and start working. need as much lead time as possible because supply chain issues, blah blah.

Check out all that space! So much road noise now.
no seats.png

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Upholsterer is starting to get to work on the seats and shared a teaser photo. So at least SOME part of the car is getting progress made.
1646252705919.png

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
What about the engine?
Was informed that there are potentially some COVID sickness related delays happening. Hoping that all the techs are OK and a speedy recovery. The drop-off date is still penciled in for Mar 14 to kick off the build but could change depending when the techs involved can return to work. I'll know more EoW or early next.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Was informed that there are potentially some COVID sickness related delays happening. Hoping that all the techs are OK and a speedy recovery. The drop-off date is still penciled in for Mar 14 to kick off the build but could change depending when the techs involved can return to work. I'll know more EoW or early next.
Yeah - their lead engineer is sick, which is why my HPFP has been delayed apparently. But I raised a hoopla and got it shipped today.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Yeah - their lead engineer is sick, which is why my HPFP has been delayed apparently. But I raised a hoopla and got it shipped today.
So that's why they were so eager to quickly test a new batch of HPFP in my car while I was there ;) jk jk

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Hi, it's me necro-posting my own build thread. After 18 months of exhaustion and patience beyond reason. IT. IS. HAPPENING.

278011155_10160756114898115_241734486270921197_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb-oSzWJHRD/

I can finally share images including the updated plate. There is no room for imagination about the # of cylinders going into this bad boy. But despite @Daks best efforts, the correct displacement and model of engine hasn't been properly guess yet ;)

Target for completion is late May/early June in time for a double header track day at VIMC.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG