GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jax fl meets

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I'm curious, why did you do the 91 tune instead of 93? How does it feel compared to stock? Have you ridden in a car with an EQT or IE tune?
I like power consistency. Running 93 gas in a 91 tune helps with that, whether with occasional bad gas and winter blends, or high summer temps — it helps reduce the amount of timing the ECU pulls. Very small difference in final power 91 vs 93.

Big difference over stock, especially above 4k rpm. I’m on the low torque tune which has a very flat power band up to near redline.

I don’t have experience with other tunes, sorry.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm curious, why did you do the 91 tune instead of 93? How does it feel compared to stock? Have you ridden in a car with an EQT or IE tune?

I've got an EQT 91 stg 1, and I can't answer for Matt, but I went 91 so I can have one map and never have to think about it.

I run 93 octane and also want a little less aggressive tune to keep the knock and temps in check on track.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
That reasoning makes total sense. I still may opt for the 93 tune and eventually will do flex fuel as E85 is plentiful in my area.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Nick who works at Osteen has an is38 EQT 93 tune. It is very smooth. If I wasn't doing it myself, I probably wouldn't care about being super fast, so I'd get APR, but either isn't a bad choice.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
That's awesome. I wouldn't care so much about being fast but I used to have a 600hp S2000 and I'm itching for just a little more than what the GTI can provide right now. Problem is, it turns into a rabbit hole, and next thing you know I'll have a big turbo, a built motor and a custom tune. I'm trying not to let it go that far on a daily driver though.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
That's awesome. I wouldn't care so much about being fast but I used to have a 600hp S2000 and I'm itching for just a little more than what the GTI can provide right now. Problem is, it turns into a rabbit hole, and next thing you know I'll have a big turbo, a built motor and a custom tune. I'm trying not to let it go that far on a daily driver though.
If you figure it out the secret to not falling in, let me know. 🤣

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
The secret really boils down to having another reliable car as a daily driver that you're not tempted to mod. I used to have that luxury, but currently do not. However, I was also in a lot more debt back then haha.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
I tried that, and it just made me depressed. I would be on the road and see something fast and get sad driving my daily.

I know the feeling. Drove a 2019 Civic EX for a while, was painfully slow.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Aka, I can't afford two fast dailys.😅

My problem is, it turns into two fast race cars, then I have to sell one, and get a daily. Them it turns into race car, then I have to sell one and get a daily

It's almost like there's a pattern or something. 🤣🤣🤣

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
My problem is, it turns into two fast race cars, then I have to sell one, and get a daily. Them it turns into race car, then I have to sell one and get a daily

It's almost like there's a pattern or something. 🤣🤣🤣
What we have is more of an addiction.😅
yall-got-any-more-of-that-horsepower.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

If you figure it out the secret to not falling in, let me know. 🤣
@Acadia18 is the perfect guy for you both to talk to.