GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
I have the M18 version of that tool, and it's been great. Does the M12 really have something approaching that 250ft.lb of "nut busting torque"?
(I know you're not the person to ask, but yours was the nearest reply that was specifically mentioning that tool)
It's supposed to. I'm from the Ryobi camp, and their "stubby" impact wrench (which is thwarted by the full size batter interface) tops out at like 160ft.lb...

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
With a swivel, I've been able to everything on the car with my Ryobi. I have no idea if it's better or worse, but I have so many of their tools and batteries, I wouldn't want to switch at this point. Tire inflator, leaf blower, hedge clippers, fan, impact, drill, impact drill, chain saw, circular saw, ratchet and a few others.

Another Ryobi person here. I know it's "hOmE dEpOtS bRaNd" or whatever, but I've never had an issue with any of my tools.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Another Ryobi person here. I know it's "hOmE dEpOtS bRaNd" or whatever, but I've never had an issue with any of my tools.
Ryobi fills an amazing role -- it's relatively good quality tools, with a solid enough warranty and a battery platform that doesn't seem like it's going to evaporate anytime soon. I have Dewalt for my heavy-duty needs, but Ryobi has been awesome for my lawn care tools where I just want a basic tool to do a job, and not to spend a ton of money, and don't need everything to be contractor-grade. Hell, I don't really even push my Dewalt stuff all too hard, it was mainly that I got a really good deal on a hammerdrill and batteries, and that kind of locked me into the platform for woodworking/construction/mechanic use.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I like my Milwaukee tools, but I only buy mostly their automotive tools.

If you aren’t using your tools for trade, or to make money using it, literally any of the brands are perfect. I use tons of Ryobi tools for lawn and garden, cheaper saws etc.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I ended up doing exactly what I didn't want to end up doing, and got invested in like 3 or 4 different battery ecosystems :(

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
In my experience, Milwaukee is the cream of the crop.

The M12 Stubby has enough torque to rotate tires in the real world. 250ft lbs idk, but having used just about every brand I can say the stubby out performs most full size impacts, but that’s not its selling point. The selling point is it fits just about anywhere you can imagine without messing around & it’s light weight enough to hang off your pocket (clip included).

Every five years or so they buy a whole new tool room full of drills and impact (drivers) at work (aviation job). This time around we got red ratchets to replace air tools as well. The Milwaukee batch we currently have absolutely stomps the outgoing Bosch & dewalt in every measure. A lot of guys I work with have had red tools 10-12 years now in their personal arsenal with no issues I’m aware of. My neighbor will mix and match his tools/batteries with my new stuff and everything runs flawlessly, where that’s not even an option with other tool brands that switch up batteries every five years or so.

So from a professional standpoint they’re awesome because they last (time/use) and a diy standpoint because they won’t just age out.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I just gutted and re-did a kitchen, bathroom, and other various drywall/stud/whatever jobs all with Ryobi tools and don’t have a single complaint. I know they’re not the best, but they worked for what I needed.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I ended up doing exactly what I didn't want to end up doing, and got invested in like 3 or 4 different battery ecosystems :(
I’m just now coming to a point in my life where I can get rid of all the “inherited” tools and afford better, so each time something “breaks”, that’s another upgrade. Huh…. Much like I do with cars lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

I had my tire inflator fail after a couple years. Bought replacement, was bad out of the box, they replaced. No other issues.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
If you guys didn't know, Milwaukee, Ridgid, and Ryobi are all the same company, just different focuses and price points. AvE on youtube has some good teardowns if you really want to see what the difference in $ gets you.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R