GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Up to 18 degrees now, about 20 below this morning just northeast of here. Soooo, I started thinking about summer tires. My OEM Pirellis have about 8,000 miles on them, and I can't complain too much except the noise. They handle great, not too bad in the rain, ride is so so. But having my fantastic Blizzak WS90's on since late October, it made me look. The snows actually handle real well, ride better, and are quieter.

The more I read about the top tires, the more the Conti Extreme Contact DWS Plus seem to be the best fit for me. I have no desire to head to the extreme tires with limited wear, and the Michelin Pilots seem to be just ok in the ride and noise areas that really bug me. Anyone here mount have those Conti's on their GTI's?

Take a look at the Michelin CrossClimate2 - 3-peak snowflake-rated, but still with 100K km (60K mile) treadwear. Surprisingly quiet for how much tread there is.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
First snowy photo at home in a bit:

It's only 2-inches, but it's snow. LOL!

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Problem with having them machined here is id need to do a batch of a dozen or two to spread out programming costs. Big risk making a few thousand dollars worth of v bands to sell a 4” downpipe.
Definitely, I think I'm going to give a friend a call to see how much he will charge me for one. At this point, getting the one from the U.K. could be up to $75 with the cost of shipping now... Or I could buy the OEM fit one that ATP sells and weld a 3.5" on the outside or use a 3-4" flare. Not the look I want, I definitely want a short piece to use with a tight radius 4".

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Noticed a bunch of smoke coming from under the hood, with a sweet smell. Coming from the turbo area, figured it was the coolant adapter. I bought the EMD billet aluminum adapter a while ago so finally installed it. Hardest part was taking off the coolant hose. Would’ve been easier to cut it off and put a new one on. Only one T30 holding it in place. Take the top coolant hose clamp off, take off the T30 and lift the stock plastic adapter out with the hose attached. Mine looked fine, only the o ring was torn.
So far no smoke.

Did you loose any coolant? I changed mine when I did my turbo, but just did the OEM plastic one. Was easy to swap with the turbo out and coolant drained :ROFLMAO:

Have been considering getting the metal one and doing it, but didn't know how easy it was to do just by itself.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Did you loose any coolant? I changed mine when I did my turbo, but just did the OEM plastic one. Was easy to swap with the turbo out and coolant drained :ROFLMAO:

Have been considering getting the metal one and doing it, but didn't know how easy it was to do just by itself.
Maybe 1/2 quart. I just use distilled water since it’ll never freeze here and it’s hard to find G13 coolant.
All you need is something to take off the hose clamps and a T30.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Maybe 1/2 quart. I just use distilled water since it’ll never freeze here and it’s hard to find G13 coolant.
All you need is something to take off the hose clamps and a T30.
G13 coolant is not just for freezing. It has additives that prevent corrosion etc. I just bought a quart of premixed G13 coolant from the dealer for $13.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
G13 coolant is not just for freezing. It has additives that prevent corrosion etc. I just bought a quart of premixed G13 coolant from the dealer for $13.
Snake oil.

jonese

Car(s)
22Tiguan 17Alltrack
My dealer in Calgary said they only sell concentrate now, the premix down to -40C/F wasn't good enough for some areas

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Jim, “I just bought” and 2 years do not coordinate 😂 how many lemonades have you had tonight
I didn't word that very well obviously. I meant I bought a bottle of premix 2 years ago when my thermostat housing was leaking. Not just bought. 😂 Only 1 lemonade and I'm not telling how many 🍻's 🤪

mfrench2022

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk7.5 r
Just had 30k service on done on the car so decided to finally flash my car with an accessport after running jb4 for the past 20k. While the jb4 was great and avoiding a td1 flag, holy shit its a new beast even with ots cobb map. I have an eqt 93 map i am waiting for and hopefully should have that this week. Should have done it sooner to be honest.