GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[HOW TO PATCH Component Protection] MIB2 Technisat/Preh Headunit Patch(gps headunits only with 2 sd card slots)

Fredu

Car(s)
Golf SV
I'm replacing a damaged MIB2 head unit model 3Q0035874A in a Golf Mk7.
I've been offered an ex Skoda Octavia unit model 5Q0035874C, but I need to know:
  1. All but the first and last characters of these model numbers are the same. Do the first numbers (3 and 5) have any particular meaning, and does the higher final letter "C" simply mean it's a more recent or upgraded version?
  2. The Skoda unit runs firmware train MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0468T. Can I modify it for use in the Golf by flashing it with firmware train MST2_EU_VW_ZR_P0478T, or will that brick it? (Noting that both these trains are in the same 04XX series)
  3. Assuming this is possible; would it be better to first flash the VW firmware and then install the VW "FEC_MANUAL_CID_OFF_CP_OFF" patch; or to first install the Skoda patch before flashing the VW firmware?
  4. If I do all this, am I right that both Skoda and VW use the same FeC's; and that my current VW maps SD card will still work with the new system?
If anyone can give me answers to these questions I'd be very grateful?

Last edited:

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
better buy this and follow the above guide to patch your unit

Attachments

• 532a7bbe43179bab6a9f96597230.jpg
    532a7bbe43179bab6a9f96597230.jpg
    756.2 KB · Views: 1,905
  • Untitled0.jpg
    Untitled0.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,244

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
yes offcourse you can buy headunit from skoda and convert it to vw fimware, but you need SOME skills ,as your skills are not know to me,so i would suggest you to take a easy path than a complicated one

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
remeber to buy only to buy only head unit with "HW 02xx to 04xx" with 2 sd card slots which is made by technisat or preh check above picture for refference

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
this only applies for technisat and preh units with nav(2 sdcard slots headunits)

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 754

Fredu

Car(s)
Golf SV
Thank you for this info.

I have a couple of questions.
If I go the conversion route in your (excellent) tutorial, does that mean I must do the same for any subsequent firmware updates as well?
And after flashing to VW with the edited firmware, can I use the VW patch files directly or do they also need editing?

My problem is finding a Technisat 3Q0035874C unit at a reasonable price. Most are almost double the price of the equivalent 5Q0 Skoda unit.
Can possibly get a 3Q0035874C running Delphi. Would you recommend that as an option?

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
Thank you for this info.

I have a couple of questions.
If I go the conversion route in your (excellent) tutorial, does that mean I must do the same for any subsequent firmware updates as well?
And after flashing to VW with the edited firmware, can I use the VW patch files directly or do they also need editing?

My problem is finding a Technisat 3Q0035874C unit at a reasonable price. Most are almost double the price of the equivalent 5Q0 Skoda unit.
Can possibly get a 3Q0035874C running Delphi. Would you recommend that as an option?
no once you have converted the frimware from skoda to vw then headunit works as normal vw headunit,normal patch will work as it is, maybe you need to look harder for cheap technisat or preh head unit, i suggest them because they are very easy to patch and coming to delphi unit, you can check process of patching and also check out mib2high harmann units tthey are also not so hard to patch but you would need a mib2high display which is 9inch and they also come to simcard slot fo you will have your own wifi hotspot when you have insert sim card, better do research and homework before doing some experminets and later endup with a briked headunit, but still notting is impossible, and everything seems impossible until its done

Fredu

Car(s)
Golf SV
Don't think the 9" display will fit my facia.

One other question.
I see that the Technisat/Preh units all include "+/NAV" in their model code but the Delphi ones don't even though they're listed as NAV units.
Is that just a difference in labelling; and if so then when patching a Navigation enabled Delphi unit labelled as just "MIB2 STD", should we use "_CP_patch_STD2" or "_CP_patch_Nav"?

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
Installed software train version: MST2_US_VW_ZR_P0245T
Installed software MU version: 0245
Part number: 3Q0035878

Cant seem to find a MST2_US_VW_ZR file. I see some EU ones but not any ZR US ones. Any advice on where to find one?
You have to follow DIY patch process at the end of first post in this thread.

If your MiB2 is originally installed from factory,patch and then you can insert appropriate Fec & SwAp for AA and carplay and activate AA and carplay

But if you have CP active then you need to patch manually CP

Last edited:

lesylf

Car(s)
MK7 1.6 TDI
Hello

Thank you for your tutorial but I do have a few questions :

I'm currently running MST2_EU_VW_ZR_P0241T, so I should use your tutorial because of the ending "T"
My version is "241", sould I update to "254" ? If so, can I patch the firmware and update it all in one go ?

Thank you for your answers :)

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7

lesylf

Car(s)
MK7 1.6 TDI
Thank you Ashok for your fast answer :)

I saw your link, I think I can update safely with the "254" in the secret menu
After update, I need to use a tool to create a patch for the "254", apply this patch and I should have access to Carplay and Android Auto, just like this ?

I'm asking because I saw some things using ODBEleven with swap codes to enter etc etc ... and I'm not sure about the whole process