GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT LPFP and A2B RS3 LPFP

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Are these essentially the same product just from different company’s? (Not speaking of the protec version)
Mil discount from eqt so price is negligible.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm pretty sure the are. I believe they're both just the RS3 brushless pump.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I personally think 1200$ for a fuel pump isn’t really “cheaping out”, to each their own.
What makes this ‘Pagparts’ pump so much better exactly?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I personally think 1200$ for a fuel pump isn’t really “cheaping out”, to each their own.

It's not just a design difference, pagparts uses a whole billet custom designed filter assembly.

PR reuses all the stock stuff and charges you $450 for a $175 pump with some spacers and a collar. The filter is inadequate when sandwiched so tightly against the bottom of the basket so the vacuum on the low side can cause cavitation and kill the pump (not to mention cause fuel pressure stability issues and intermittent lean conditions). This is especially true with a Torqbyte because you can run the pump at 100%.

I can see why the Pag kit with the 525 is $700+. I can't see why the PR kit is $445. The pump itself is $175 retail, so what are you really getting for the other $275? A collar, drill bit and a few spacers. They don't even bother to give you a paper template to follow as you butcher your stock basket to fit it in.

This is coming from someone with a PR 450/Torqbyte in their car BTW. If I need a 525, I won't go the same route. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Pag Kit with a 450 flows the same as the PR kit with the 525 due to the reduction in restriction at the inlet.

I can see the argument for the PagParts vs. one of the Precision Racework kits.

Personally, I went with the PR kit because I have no intentions of using a PM4 and running the pump at 100%. So hopefully will avoid issues with it since I'm not maxing it out.

But comparing the Brushless RS3 kits vs. the PagPart kits, I don't see the argument either. The RS3 kit is a stock pump in a stock basket, that was made for it. It's not a Walbro pump in a modified basket. So it shouldn't have any of the downsides the PR kits have. And upside is it comes with it's own upgraded controller as well.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Granted for the very ambitious builds pagparts and PR have options to flow more fuel than the rs3 pump and controller setups can provide so that would still be the way to go that’s for sure. And yes it’s good to keep in mind that options like pag and PR Initially came out when there was not other options so you can say they had their hand in the paving… but as far as quality goes…. If The eqt/innovative/A2b setup is using an oem rs3 drop in and oem controller - there is zero question of what’s got a higher amount of R&D testing and manufacturing QC in them.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
The eqt/a2b/innovative pumps are honestly a rip-off for what you get. It's just a fitting and a harness, maybe $0.50 in splice connectors if you have AWD, with a $500 pump and controller. If you re-pin an OE harness you can do the whole thing for maybe half of their price. Even paying for the harness kit I was in for maybe $700 total.

The PPT brushless kit:
a) has a totally different brushless pump. good for 800whp on e85, more than anyone on here needs.
b) has a serviceable fuel filter. The OE RS3 LPFP sock isn't a service item, you're expected to toss the whole bucket once it's clogged (and I doubt the OE filter is e85-rated).
c) IMO the jet pump hose is better thought out (at least compared to the DIY A2B kit.
d) He uses the BCM wiring for a ground, just like OE does. This doesn't have as many issues as people do using the chassis ground nut.
e) You get support from a really smart dude, everything he sells has been engineered to hell and it shows. He doesn't seem to care about marketing or even having a functional website, and so you kinda have to join his FB group to find out anything about the stuff he makes, however.

That said... unless you have a built motor and a full frame turbo.. you do not need it.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Good to know info, thank you.
It was a regular pag parts 450, not the brushless. For my setup I won’t need a PM4, and like you said it’s serviceable so that’s great also.

georged16v

Car(s)
Audi S3
good info for sure
I just dropped in a PR 450 pump on my FBO EQT hpfp stage 2. do i need to upgrade the file again for the PR 450? i wouldnt think so... but

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Forgive my ignorance. At what point do you need a stand alone fuel pump controller such as a PM4 when upgrading pumps? Thanks