GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Mount -- Is It Done?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
If you can’t handle NVH, keep your car stock.

RS3 owners are the worst for this.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Subjective doesn’t = exageration

People have different experiences and tolerances than each other, doesn’t mean they’re exaggerating. They’re talking about their experiences.

Subjective sure, but people absolutely exaggerate.

If you’ve never been in a real race car with solid aluminum mounts and aluminum panels/roll cage for interior you cannot relate. No full interior golf comes anywhere near that, yet you get PTSD stories continue like polyurethane mounts had them in shambles. There’s definitely a range to NVH and a stage 2 BFI mount golf is on the same end of it as a completely stock one.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Rumor has it vibra-technic will have some Mk7 options soon. they're big on using rubber vs. poly, and they're not 034 so they might actually last.

I did my BFI mounts while using one of those DIY bay rentals and it was a total waste. went to use a support bar and the tech came over, told me don't be silly, and gave me some wood to put between the pan and jack. The composite pan is plenty strong.

Maybe if you're running the stage 3 delrin it'd be annoying but almost all of the mounts on the market are impossible to notice if you're in motion. The only people who've gotten in the car and can tell I'm running a poly mount are other car guys.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Subjective sure, but people absolutely exaggerate.

If you’ve never been in a real race car with solid aluminum mounts and aluminum panels/roll cage for interior you cannot relate. No full interior golf comes anywhere near that, yet you get PTSD stories continue like polyurethane mounts had them in shambles. There’s definitely a range to NVH and a stage 2 BFI mount golf is on the same end of it as a completely stock one.

I have been, in a straight line. Plenty of 10 second passed in a boosted civic.

But who cares what others perspective are. I think it’s an exaggeration saying it drives like a stock Camry. Just because someone hasn’t been in a real “race car” doesn’t mean their perspectives towards something aren’t valid.

I’m moving on.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Planning on hitting up HF later to get a vice, and possibly crowfoot wrenches and some sockets. Any recommended tools/sockets I should pick up for the transmission mount?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I have been, in a straight line. Plenty of 10 second passed in a boosted civic.

But who cares what others perspective are. I think it’s an exaggeration saying it drives like a stock Camry. Just because someone hasn’t been in a real “race car” doesn’t mean their perspectives towards something aren’t valid.

I’m moving on.

So on a scale of 1-10, 1 being a stock mk7 would you personally say the Nvh of a mk7 with Bfi stage 2 mounts is a 10?

Because I’m putting the BFI stage 2 mount GTI at about a 3 or 4 personally. Yes it’s an increase in NVH, but no it’s not anywhere near what some people make it out to be.

I never said anything about invalid opinions or it not being subjective…just putting words in my mouth and spiking the football isn’t much of a conversation.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Should have started with this...I got these. Anything else recommended?
PXL_20220116_203728005.jpg

PXL_20220116_203828229.jpg

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
So on a scale of 1-10, 1 being a stock mk7 would you personally say the Nvh of a mk7 with Bfi stage 2 mounts is a 10?

Because I’m putting the BFI stage 2 mount GTI at about a 3 or 4 personally. Yes it’s an increase in NVH, but no it’s not anywhere near what some people make it out to be.

I never said anything about invalid opinions or it not being subjective…just putting words in my mouth and spiking the football isn’t much of a conversation.
I'd agree with a 3-4 compared to a racecar

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
People exaggerate lol. I have a single mass flywheel DKM twin disk clutch & BFI stage 2 mounts and it’s about the same as driving my moms ‘05 Corolla. Sure there’s some noise & vibration transferred into the cabin, but roughly equal to people who call regular ol ketchup “spicy”.

This video was recorded on a real camera with a external mic, so it’s the most accurate representation on my channel, but the short answer is if you care at all about NVH just buy BFI stage 1 instead of stage 2.
When your 2015 plus street car feels like your moms '05 Corolla, you've done wrong.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion