GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I actually don't like my car. I mean I do, but I don't. I wish I was adult enough to just own a bone stock car, and could accept it as just a mode of transportation. But I don't know how. It would be so much easier, and cheaper really.
We are all damned. I feel the same way. But it's what makes us who we are.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I actually don't like my car. I mean I do, but I don't. I wish I was adult enough to just own a bone stock car, and could accept it as just a mode of transportation. But I don't know how. It would be so much easier, and cheaper really.
This. 100%

Reactions: krs

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's why I've really tried to this build mild. It's so easy to go that extra step too far, now you hate the car, get rid of it, then start over.

It's an expensive lesson that it only took me 52 years to learn. Imagine if I'd put all that money in the market. I'd be over on the McLaren boards instead of talking my fellow poors about which clutch is best for the 100th time. 🤣🤣🤣

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
It's why I've really tried to this build mild. It's so easy to go that extra step too far, now you hate the car, get rid of it, then start over.

It's an expensive lesson that it only took me 52 years to learn. Imagine if I'd put all that money in the market. I'd be over on the McLaren boards instead of talking my fellow poors about which clutch is best for the 100th time. 🤣🤣🤣
trooooooooooooooooooo

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I don't know if I could not mod a car to some degree. I've been better about it with my R, but I've still spent a fair bit of money on it because of the types of mods I've done. The catback, wheels, and clutch cost about $5k and none of that stuff helps performance that much. I spent $10k on each of my other GTIs and I was able to do a lot more with those cars. I'm so much happier with where the R is though. I took the GTIs too far and made them too loud and uncomfortable, but I had fun with them at the time.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R

Just hanging out with the peasants.

I modded my first car. A 1987 Nissan Pulsar. Did my first engine swap into my 91 Civic hatch back in 1997.

Even my truck has something done. Since I no longer have a garage queen, I'm trying to keep the Golf sensibly modified. After my alignment today, I'll see if I blew that out of the water or not.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Man I love the APR Stage 1 low torque tune. You get a little more meat in the mid-RPMs, but then it becomes a rocket at the top-end. It targets 300wtq and just sticks it there as long as possible. So much fun to wind it out and easier to control putting the power down. Easier, not easy. Still working on that...

Such a fun powerband:
1642192169950.png

Is there any other OTS tuner that makes a flat powerband like this? Unitronic seems pretty flat too.

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

And you're still on the stock one