GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[HOW TO PATCH Component Protection] MIB2/MST2 Delphi HeadUnit (MST2_VW_xxxxxD) patch [FEC/SWAP/CID/CP]Android Auto,CarPlay and many more

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
Installed software train version: MST2_US_VW_ZR_P0245T
Installed software MU version: 0245
Part number: 3Q0035878

This would be a non-nav unit that has two SD card slots, which I guess doesnt match whats said in the second link. Might be because the original 5F unit that came with my car died within the first week and was replaced.
If you don't have 2 Sd card slots, have only one then follow this

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...-pq-technisat-preh-non-gps-unit-patch.391751/

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
Cool thanks, so now we are at the point of the file. On that site I can’t seem to find a MST2_US_VW_ZR_ file. I assume it just doesn’t have one?
Please post in technisat thread from above link, this I tread is for Delphi

VQVW

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Alltrack SE 6MT
0879 is the most recent one. I got it from the dealer a few months ago.

Installed software train version: MST2_US_VW_P0879D
Installed software MU version: 0879
Part number: 3Q0035876B
Software version: H29.319.115_STD2NAV_NAR
Model: GuideModel_29.319.30
Software Base: H29.319.115-201909261449
Thanks. Did it fix any issues or change anything that you noticed?

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Thanks. Did it fix any issues or change anything that you noticed?
Got rid of the volume bug where I sometimes couldn't increase the volume in FM radio. Probably some optimizations too in the background but nothing significant.

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
Hey, tried upgrading my unit today and ended up with this error, anyone knows why? tried upgrading from 0472 to 0478

from where did you get this head unit.?

because part number is from skoda

not a vw headunit part number

looks like cross flashed headunit

and bytheway you are in wrong section this thread is about delphi headunit, you can post in technisat thread, maybe you will get more response

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
from where did you get this head unit.?

because part number is from skoda

not a vw headunit part number

looks like cross flashed headunit

and bytheway you are in wrong section this thread is about delphi headunit, you can post in technisat thread, maybe you will get more response

Its Sold On Aliexpress for about 250$, comes pre patched and works really fine and I said why not try to update it.

oh, didn't notice that, but does that matter? its just a general question about flashing a new software.

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
Its Sold On Aliexpress for about 250$, comes pre patched and works really fine and I said why not try to update it.

oh, didn't notice that, but does that matter? its just a general question about flashing a new software.
hmm...you can try swdl patching
to accept diffrent meta file

1. Make sure you have installed the latest version of the toolbox from here
    : https://github.com/olli991/mib-std2-pq-zr-toolbox.
Details about Technisat MIB STD2 Toolbox installation.

1. Press and hold MENU button for 10 seconds to enter Testmode menue.

2. Go to Green Engineering Menu → mibstd2_toolbox → Tools → Patch tsd.mibstd2.system.swdownload to accept any metainfo2.txt.

3. Press and hold volume control knob for 10 seconds to reboot the unit.
  4. try to install vw zr eu 478t

try at your own risk

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Perhaps i am a layman, but i don't understand what this is for - i.e., what purpose and what cars it applies to?

I have a 2015 R, i can confirm if i have the 2 SD slots, if so, and my car is an MIB1, would this modification turn my car into an MIB2 supporting vehicle?

VQVW

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Alltrack SE 6MT
Got rid of the volume bug where I sometimes couldn't increase the volume in FM radio. Probably some optimizations too in the background but nothing significant.
Thanks! Come to think of it, I think I've had that volume bug on occasion. I have software 0842 and it seems I should be able to get the dealer to do this for free since my car is under warranty. I meet all the requirements of the TSB, although for some reason it doesn't mention Golf Alltrack. Did your dealer give you any hassle about flashing the firmware? Probably a pretty unusual customer request.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Thanks! Come to think of it, I think I've had that volume bug on occasion. I have software 0842 and it seems I should be able to get the dealer to do this for free since my car is under warranty. I meet all the requirements of the TSB, although for some reason it doesn't mention Golf Alltrack. Did your dealer give you any hassle about flashing the firmware? Probably a pretty unusual customer request.
Nope. I just told them about the bug and they searched for a firmware and ended up getting 0879. Maybe there's an even more updated version by now. Annoying how the version numbers aren't in sequence.