GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R OE Sport springs w/ DCC

2slorabit

Car(s)
2019 gti rabbit
Hi, all!

First post here and I’d like to share some feedback on my setup. After hours of researching all of the threads I could find, looking at everything from springs to coilovers, I decided on H&R OE Sport springs for my 2019 GTI Rabbit w/ DCC.

My goal with this car is OEM-plus; An enjoyable daily driver that could see an occasional lapping day. I love the DCC adjustability from Comfort to Sport, and wanted to retain this feature.

Shoutout to @Hammersticks for your info. If it were not for you, I would not have known to order the Audi TT rear spring pads. I also ordered completely new hardware for everything else and everything came together flawlessly; No noises, no issues whatsoever.

I also just installed Neuspeed RSe10 wheels 18 x 8.5 and could not be happier with their fitment. I have some Michelin Pilot 235/40/18s on order which should tie in everything beautifully.

In terms of ride quality, as a long-time enthusiast who has driven many different cars over the years, I am most impressed with how this particular H&R spring rate comes together with the DCC dampers. Comfort mode is a little soft in rebound so the car has slightly more bounce than with factory springs but Normal mode feels nicely settled for everyday driving, and Sport mode is improved over stock in my observations.

From the factory, the car felt slightly over-dampened and under-sprung in Sport mode, whereas it now feels like the slightly stiffer spring rates with H&R OE Sport matches very well to the DCC dampers in Sport mode. The car feels very planted, with very little body roll, and does not seem to get upset over compressions and uneven roads. I am truly impressed.

This car is a DSG and still, the Audi TT rear spring pads are a must to avoid reverse rake. The car sits about dead even and the travel and functionality of the suspension is excellent for a car on lowering springs only.

I hope this helps some of you with offering some more feedback on the H&R OE Sport springs!
I have a 2019 gti rabbit as well. I’m looking into getting the same lowering springs! How is it functioning so far?
Do you have a link for the springs?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have a 2019 gti rabbit as well. I’m looking into getting the same lowering springs! How is it functioning so far?
Do you have a link for the springs?
Do not lower your Rabbit with the stock Sachs shocks. The stock shocks are complete crap. I did it, the car handles terribly when you do this. The car gets into the bump stock almost immediately, creating massive understeer.

Save your money and buy a decent set of shocks to go with lowering springs or a decent coilover setup. It's all fun and games until you have to emergency brake and avoid an accident and plow into it instead.

2slorabit

Car(s)
2019 gti rabbit
Do not lower your Rabbit with the stock Sachs shocks. The stock shocks are complete crap. I did it, the car handles terribly when you do this. The car gets into the bump stock almost immediately, creating massive understeer.

Save your money and buy a decent set of shocks to go with lowering springs or a decent coilover setup. It's all fun and games until you have to emergency brake and avoid an accident and plow into it instead.
Appreciate you bro! Do you have any links?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Appreciate you bro! Do you have any links?

I can give you some suggestions, but I'd need to know your goals.

My goals were streetable, but wanted to be able to autocross and track with it too. I learned a lot along the way and I'd actually do things differently if I was doing it all over again.

What are your goals? Is this purely a street car. You play in the canyons? You have dreams of tracking?

There isn't one answer to this question. It's all based on what you plan to do with the car.

2slorabit

Car(s)
2019 gti rabbit
I can give you some suggestions, but I'd need to know your goals.

My goals were streetable, but wanted to be able to autocross and track with it too. I learned a lot along the way and I'd actually do things differently if I was doing it all over again.

What are your goals? Is this purely a street car. You play in the canyons? You have dreams of tracking?

There isn't one answer to this question. It's all based on what you plan to do with the car.
I’m not really planning into tracking the car just streetable and mostly daily driving. I would love to take it in the canyons soon. So what would you recommend?

SonicBloom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Every time I see a post about what springs to run with DCC (which I don’t have) I wonder why more people haven’t looked into height adjustable springs. I think KW, H&R, ST, and MSS have options. Probably should stay away from MSS because I remember there were issues with the earlier revisions and they are very expensive.

2slorabit

Car(s)
2019 gti rabbit
It should say comfort, eco, sport if you have dcc right? Mine doesn’t say comfort so does that mean I don’t have it?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
It should say comfort, eco, sport if you have dcc right? Mine doesn’t say comfort so does that mean I don’t have it?
DCC modes are comfort, normal and sport. Select individual driving mode and then the button to adjust settings. If your car has DCC you'll be able to set it there. I don't know what's on the rabbit trim.

2slorabit

Car(s)
2019 gti rabbit
One of my headlight bulbs are out on the driver said. I called the Volkswagen dealership and they said unfortunately I have to change the whole headlight! Which is crazy. Is that true?

2slorabit

Car(s)
2019 gti rabbit
One of my headlight bulbs are out on the driver said. I called the Volkswagen dealership and they said unfortunately I have to change the whole headlight! Which is crazy. Is that true?

Attachments

• B275588A-A4C4-43AC-82B1-8DC43A15F9E4.jpeg
    B275588A-A4C4-43AC-82B1-8DC43A15F9E4.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 82

510danr

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
I lowered my car on Neuspeed race springs and tried the calibration. Now It feels more compliant but even in Comfort, it's rough and heaves itself over expansion joints and is bad on moderately rough roads. The values never changed and the process after swiping right was too fast. (instant) Any ideas what happened?

Last edited: