GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daks' GTI

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
And you're tuned by HPA, right? I think their tune adjusts for fuel quality automatically from what I recall. I would be running Petro 94 here, I don't think you guys get that out west (we don't get Shell 93 here).
Yeah, I am tuned by HPA, and their tune does do a pretty good job advancing timing with fuels. It's not a true flex fuel tune by any stretch but it's well designed to give you the added power with better fuel.

I get Petro 94 when I am at Area 27 (they have pumps with it at the track!) and it definitely performs much better. However, I usually mix whatever gas I have with MS109 at the track for the best possible knock resistance.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Yeah, I am tuned by HPA, and their tune does do a pretty good job advancing timing with fuels. It's not a true flex fuel tune by any stretch but it's well designed to give you the added power with better fuel.

I get Petro 94 when I am at Area 27 (they have pumps with it at the track!) and it definitely performs much better. However, I usually mix whatever gas I have with MS109 at the track for the best possible knock resistance.
After this car I will jump into a MK7.5 - either GTI or R; in an ideal world I find a purple R - and transfer all my parts, that I can, over.

If I stick with COBB I will be able to transfer my device over and pay another custom tune. If I go with HPA, I would have to buy their $400 dongle twice, as its much like Unitronic in that it gets locked to a VIN; and pay for the tune twice as well. Long term, a custom tune from someone like EQT or Sneeky is the better financial play; also, the tunes are directly intended for each specific car, whereas the HPA is more of an OTS solution. Did you send your logs back and forth with them or was it a set it and forget it approach?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
After this car I will jump into a MK7.5 - either GTI or R; in an ideal world I find a purple R - and transfer all my parts, that I can, over.
Nice! Get a 2019 R DSG if you want to be in the super secret engine swap club :) (late 2018s could work too, needs the digital dash & DSG to be viable for the swap).

If I stick with COBB I will be able to transfer my device over and pay another custom tune. If I go with HPA, I would have to buy their $400 dongle twice, as its much like Unitronic in that it gets locked to a VIN; and pay for the tune twice as well. Long term, a custom tune from someone like EQT or Sneeky is the better financial play; also, the tunes are directly intended for each specific car, whereas the HPA is more of an OTS solution. Did you send your logs back and forth with them or was it a set it and forget it approach?
Yeah, I'm not super familiar with remote tuning for them-- I just drive to their shop whenever I need something. It's only a 30 minute drive but I have never had to take it back unless they want to use my car to test a new tune or part. Best to e-mail Alan at the sales desk there to get more info. HPA does make each tune for each car, but that likely implies sending logs and flashing updates.

Ultimately the where/how you get your tune is totally up to you. I don't like to judge or speak too strongly as it's a really heated topic anywhere you go.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not sure, just saw that the line is below "min" - cpo warranty expires next month so why not take it in and see what they say.

And you're tuned by HPA, right? I think their tune adjusts for fuel quality automatically from what I recall. I would be running Petro 94 here, I don't think you guys get that out west (we don't get Shell 93 here).
Hopefully just lost coolant during the turbo install.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Another picture of the turbo, cause why not.

IMG_20220112_234929.jpg

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
New turbos look so pretty. I should have got a turbo muffler delete for mine before I installed it, haha.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I would of course indeed, your making it hard for me to have dibs on this potential fuel pump with your gratitude haha.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I would of course indeed, your making it hard for me to have dibs on this potential fuel pump with your gratitude haha.

Don't get your hopes up. It's a no-name Chinese eBay special. Was only like $30. I bought it to use with my Vortex, but decided against it at the last minute. I didn't want to go through the hassle of having to remove it if I didn't like the way it sounded, so it just sat on a shelf. It basically got tossed in Daks's secret santa box because it was there, new and unused, and I had no plans for it. Figured he might have a use for it, and if not, oh well.

While Daks's offer is very kind and generous, you could probably buy another one on eBay for cheaper than it would cost for him to ship it across the border to you :ROFLMAO: