GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI DSG Factory Ride Height

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I've seen some number listed around, but it's hard to tell if they are NA or ROW, or if there is even a difference. Basically, I never measured my ride height before getting into suspension work, but I'd like to note it on my maintenance spreadsheet just to have.

I'm specifically looking for MK7 GTI DSG. Even better if it's a 2015 four door S trim, but I'm not sure how much of a difference that really makes.

Could a few of you that haven't touched springs, struts, or shocks post up your measurements for all four corners from the center of your wheel straight up to the fender arch? Obviously there will be variances, I just want to find an average as a general starting point.

Thanks,
Adam

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Back in the days I checked my '17 SE DSG w/ 5k miles on the clock before I changed the suspension for the first time:
FL 360mm
FR 361mm
RL 365mm
RR 365mm.
Always Center Of Wheel to Fender

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Back in the days I checked my '17 SE DSG w/ 5k miles on the clock before I changed the suspension for the first time:
FL 360mm
FR 361mm
RL 365mm
RR 365mm.
Always Center Of Wheel to Fender

Thanks! I just had my EMD springs removed since my OEM struts and shocks were shot after about 50k. Decided to go to a more comfort oriented setup and went back to stock springs with the Koni Special Active (newer iteration of FSD). I've been driving around for a couple of weeks and almost 300 miles, so I feel like I should be settled all the way, but my measurements are super weird.

FL: 374mm
FR: 374mm
RL: 358mm
RR: 354mm

P.s. Rear is probably riding a bit lower since I do have an EcoHitch on the car. Not sure if the 30 pounds it weighs would be enough to drop it that much, so it's just a theory at this point. Either way, the real concern is the front riding so high.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
That's weird. Where did you get the stock springs from? Are they originally from your car?
1642008531370.png

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
You could always add the TT spring pads to level the rear.

Yeah, I actually have a set of these from EMD as well that I had in with their springs to give it more of a raked look. Decided to not install them with the Konis thinking everything would be level from the factory. Definitely an option to raise the back to help make it look more correct.

Maybe I get some huge tires and mudflaps to just commit to the rally look completely haha.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Measured again when I got home last night with similar results. So, it would seem that I'm at least measuring on level ground haha.

I'm really baffled by this. I had someone in one of my Facebook groups measure their stock car. All four corners are within 3 or 4mm of the 368mm in the spec shared above, with the front being a few millimeters lower than the rear.

Everything was installed properly and the car drives great. I double checked the part numbers on the springs and they are correct for my model and year.

The only thing I can come up with is that VW lists a variance of ±10mm in the screenshot above. It would seem that my front is +6mm and my rear is -10mm (I am going to measure again when there is less gas in the tank as well). Technically within the variance, just not in the most opportune way haha. Might just throw these reverse rake pads back on in a month or two if no more settling occurs and the visual not-so-level-ness still annoys me.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Checked my sticker in the trunk. Shock front G05 and spring load group L39. Unfortunately I don't have my OEM springs any more, but according to my notes they had three colored marks: white, orange, purple. This color coding matches part# 5Q0 411 105 GD.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Checked my sticker in the trunk. Shock front G05 and spring load group L39. Unfortunately I don't have my OEM springs any more, but according to my notes they had three colored marks: white, orange, purple. This color coding matches part# 5Q0 411 105 GD.
Here is what mine lists when searching the part numbers. We may be dealing with a difference of NA and ROW here, not sure.

Front: 5QM 411 105 AC (1 Yellow, 1 Orange, 1 Blue)
Rear: 5QM 511 115 AB (Weight Range 4)

Last edited:

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
It's interesting to note that your part number is listed only for Golf, Golf R, and GTI, while mine is listed as fitting Alltrack, e-Golf, Golf, GTI, Jetta, Jetta GLI, and SportWagen haha.

1642093940404.png

uvasteven

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Here are two different photos of mine with the curt hitch.

Attachments

• DA9A1FCC-19BB-400D-AF76-35385DDD6258.jpeg
    DA9A1FCC-19BB-400D-AF76-35385DDD6258.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 87
  • 89063B43-85D3-4802-9D3F-BB475697B399.jpeg
    89063B43-85D3-4802-9D3F-BB475697B399.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 94