GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

robschwieb

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Does any one know if it is possible to get into the 11 second range with stock turbo on 93 I don’t know if anyone has done it
2019 R - IE Stage 2 93

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220109-145051~2.png
    Screenshot_20220109-145051~2.png
    174.5 KB · Views: 125

Albertsj777

Car(s)
19 gti 6mt cfb
How is this even possible unless he is a tin can. My best time (no spare Autobahn DSG IS38 GTI EQT custom tuned) on full E85 (MPI/RS3 lpfp) is 9.85s 60-130 on a 70 degree day. I just recently did 9.94s on a 40 degree day and my car was spinning past 70mph and knocking about -5 degrees in the upper RPMs. I dynoed 403whp with this setup on that 70 degree day. I just don't understand how a car can get those sub 9s times on an OEM IS38. Maybe he's got his sensors upgraded so he's boosting over 29psi as well as being a tin can? I would love to see those logs because in the cold weather, my car knocks like crazy and I can't figure out why. My ethanol content is E80, but maybe the winter additives to the fuel do something to it?

I also saw someone recently claiming to have trapped 122mph on an OEM IS20 turbo. I just....can't believe that either of these claims are actually true unless their turbos are ticking time bombs.
Hello, I am the owner of the 8.89 car, it is indeed a e48 oem is38 from ihi

The car got dynoed at TrackOutPerformance and peaked 400, the important thing is from 4800-6800 the car makes over 380whp, with the adequate tire diameter to use this to its full advantage.

Yes the car had no seats but driver and no rear bumper as a one and done type deal to break the record, and it did so granny shifting cuz of boost cut issue.

I have recorded full interior, bumper back on, (still hood exit) with a lot better weather and shifting fast , and no slope did 9.05

car didn’t knock in the cold weather, not sure what was up w your car

and the hood that I cut open isn’t the one the car came with, I bought it from VW and paint matched it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hello, I am the owner of the 8.89 car, it is indeed a e48 oem is38 from ihi

The car got dynoed at TrackOutPerformance and peaked 400, the important thing is from 4800-6800 the car makes over 380whp, with the adequate tire diameter to use this to its full advantage.

Yes the car had no seats but driver and no rear bumper as a one and done type deal to break the record, and it did so granny shifting cuz of boost cut issue.

I have recorded full interior, bumper back on, (still hood exit) with a lot better weather and shifting fast , and no slope did 9.05

car didn’t knock in the cold weather, not sure what was up w your car

and the hood that I cut open isn’t the one the car came with, I bought it from VW and paint matched it.
Welcome to the forum. Post the Dragy.

Last edited:

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
This is colder weather, full interior, bumper on, shifting fast
View attachment 236962
hell yeah, that is moving!!, if those would have been my results, i may have not ever went vortex XL... hey wait.. ;-/

this is a perfect world scenario, full e85 turned up is38 no exhaust, in good weather.

we can speculate about the longevity of the turbo at this current power level/ demand. but i'd venture to say its a very aggressive mexico tune.

.50 faster than my set up to 120, but .75 faster to 130.

the attention to the top end in the tune is evident. (as you mentioned it makes over 380 whp from 4800-6800 rpm.)

it is this type of potential *be it short lived for the turbo* that makes me want to continue to develop MY current set up and achieve what i know it is capable of, how ever, throwing bad money over good is something I am trying to stray from in keeping the project realistic and cost effective.

hats off to you/ the accomplished time and your tuner, good job.

Albertsj777

Car(s)
19 gti 6mt cfb
hell yeah, that is moving!!, if those would have been my results, i may have not ever went vortex XL... hey wait.. ;-/

this is a perfect world scenario, full e85 turned up is38 no exhaust, in good weather.

we can speculate about the longevity of the turbo at this current power level/ demand. but i'd venture to say its a very aggressive mexico tune.

.50 faster than my set up to 120, but .75 faster to 130.

the attention to the top end in the tune is evident. (as you mentioned it makes over 380 whp from 4800-6800 rpm.)

it is this type of potential *be it short lived for the turbo* that makes me want to continue to develop MY current set up and achieve what i know it is capable of, how ever, throwing bad money over good is something I am trying to stray from in keeping the project realistic and cost effective.

hats off to you/ the accomplished time and your tuner, good job.
Yes thank you!

I was already is38 with another tuner and was only planning on going sneekytuned when I was ready to go tpc38
but I came across an amazing deal for a 535/pm4 combo where I had to swap my oem controller and pump, and my old tuner didn’t support it so I just went with sneekytuned for shits and giggles while I wait for the turbo

from my understanding my file on the boost side is about what a slightly spicier than mild is38+ would make in terms of psi

and yes the only reason I’m ok with pushing this turbo this far is because I do in fact have the tpc laying on my bed!
I will say I checked for shaft play on both sides of the turbo 2 Saturdays ago and from what I can tell there is 0 🥳

also side note the oem is38 doesn’t feel that spicy in the hot Florida weather as it does now in the cold, hoping the tpc will be spicy in the hot