GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI new garage companion

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
...I have never ridden a modern 2 stroke. I bet they are just awesome.
It’s a 2018 with >5 hours on it. Still had the little tits on the tires when I bought it from the original owner for a steal of a deal.

It’s not as refined as the modern KTM two strokes, which they’ve really dialed in, but at just under 50hp it’s an absolute riot and nothing beats the sounds & smells of a crisp two stroke!

Shows you how long I have been out of the MX game. I thought 2 strokes were killed off in the name of emissions these days. I grew up in the PNW doing a ton of MX...100% Honda though & all 2 strokes...CR80-->CR125-->CR250. I would love to get a rip on one of the new ones.

Not a GTI so i'm crashin the party I guess with my R and my trusty 4th gen 4runner that we have had forever. Solid, practical family mix for Colorado livin and playin...

4runner.jpeg

R Front.jpg

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Have a one car garage so here’s the GTI’s driveway buddy. 2021 Outback AKA the state car of WA. Got a set of winter tires on steelies and tried them out this past weekend. Compliments the GTI and makes me appreciate what they each do well.
834DC497-6F67-4563-BF79-E62E786ECBDA.jpeg

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Shows you how long I have been out of the MX game. I thought 2 strokes were killed off in the name of emissions these days. I grew up in the PNW doing a ton of MX...100% Honda though & all 2 strokes...CR80-->CR125-->CR250. I would love to get a rip on one of the new ones.

Not a GTI so i'm crashin the party I guess with my R and my trusty 4th gen 4runner that we have had forever. Solid, practical family mix for Colorado livin and playin...

View attachment 234805

View attachment 234810

I had a CR85 as a kid and looked for a 03-07 CR250 but couldn’t find one worth buying. Most two strokes were killed off by 2007, but Yamaha & Ktm (who now also owns Husky & Gasgas) kept them alive. Yamaha has been selling basically the same bike since 2006 while KTM has pushed forward developing new stuff every 3-4 years. The off-road model 2T are fuel & oil injected now & insanely easy to ride. If you’re interested in getting back into it I’d highly recommend checking out a ktm demo ride. They bring out most of the current years bikes 150-350 so you can decide what suits you best before buying.

Reactions: MSH

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I had a CR85 as a kid and looked for a 03-07 CR250 but couldn’t find one worth buying. Most two strokes were killed off by 2007, but Yamaha & Ktm (who now also owns Husky & Gasgas) kept them alive. Yamaha has been selling basically the same bike since 2006 while KTM has pushed forward developing new stuff every 3-4 years. The off-road model 2T are fuel & oil injected now & insanely easy to ride. If you’re interested in getting back into it I’d highly recommend checking out a ktm demo ride. They bring out most of the current years bikes 150-350 so you can decide what suits you best before buying.
My brother had a 98 CR250 when we were teenagers and it was absolutely the most horrifying thing I experienced. He had to stop letting friends drive it because it kept resulting in trips to the hospital.

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
07' Fit sport 5 speed, motor came out due to a strange plug/coil melting issue. had head sent to be time serted and then went with a refresh.< commuter/daily beater current odometer 110k
71 honda scrambler, . all original. bought on a whim. current odo. 4k
'16 yamaha fz09. spent waay to much on parts for something I dont even ride. lol (current odometer 2,253)

20211125_030520 (1).jpg

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
my gti shares the garage with a gym and my golf stuff and tools lol. My gen 3 ram gasser stays outside along with her jeep. After our wedding I may add some toys (another motorcycle, quad, etc)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Try not to get too jealous...

1641581453193.png

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
If you'd be willing to front me the cash for a garage, this would by my fraulein's companion:

View attachment 234741
makes me miss my XJ. Was the car is said I would "slow down" in. 97 Cherokee Country 2wd in black with 45k original miles when I got it. Sold it with under 70 to fund the GTI. Thing was immaculate and sounded so good with the exhaust set up I put on it. Never wanted to lift it since it was way to nice and 2wd. I have very found memories of my and my two daughters driving through puddles and water going everywhere.

I wish they kept "off the radar" because they are stupid $$$ now.

*Insert boring 2019 Tiguan SE with a JB4 on it as driveway companion

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
makes me miss my XJ. Was the car is said I would "slow down" in. 97 Cherokee Country 2wd in black with 45k original miles when I got it. Sold it with under 70 to fund the GTI. Thing was immaculate and sounded so good with the exhaust set up I put on it. Never wanted to lift it since it was way to nice and 2wd. I have very found memories of my and my two daughters driving through puddles and water going everywhere.

I wish they kept "off the radar" because they are stupid $$$ now.

*Insert boring 2019 Tiguan SE with a JB4 on it as driveway companion
XJs are awesome. Around here, you can still see them every day.
I miss driving mine. It's been out of commission since I swapped the head years back and the wiring harness caught fire. Hasn't been right since.

I ran it over a year ago and it ran horribly, but started it a few months ago and it fired up and ran like it was brand new. So weird. The only problem is that it won't move. I can push it, but the transmission won't. Fluid level checks out, but I'm at a loss. Finally have money saved to get it fixed, whatever it is. Got to have it ready in March, so I can retire my GTI from work truck duty (something I've been saying since I bought the GTI).