GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I am able to check and uncheck the box but nothing seems to change. I tried it this morning in my parking garage maybe I'm going too slow for it to work? I'll try it again tonight when I get off work. Any help is appreciated
I think that setting is just for the cornering lights that turn on. Before I left for work today I turned off the adaptive lighting system and the lights were still swiveling.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'm comparing turbos and was curious what the Spool up rpm is on the is20? I think the is38 is like 3.8k

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
In some light reading it appears if you have any other bulbs out they will stop swiveling. Do both your cornering lamps work? Those are the bulbs that fire up when you make turns.

I'll check both cornering lamps tonight. Thanx diggs

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I'm comparing turbos and was curious what the Spool up rpm is on the is20? I think the is38 is like 3.8k
I think the question needs to be a little more specific. The turbo starts spooling at a certain RPM but is capable of max boost at a different RPM. Then there's the boost that the ECU is requesting vs. what the turbo is capable of. This might answer some questions: http://mygolfmk7.com/2019/04/boost-onset-baseline/

Here's what the stock tune boost curve looks like on my car: https://datazap.me/u/mrmattolsen/log-1641232378?log=0&data=5-6-8&zoom=45-57

Last edited:

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Thanx all for the help. My lights are working properly. I found the problem.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I believe it was the good ol' ID 10t problem 🤣

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Oh, you're talking about the micro-usb to connect it to a pc. At first I thought it was about the obd2 cable.

Some usb cables are only meant to charge and they don't allow information to pass through, so that could be what the problem is.

Yep,, that's bit me more than once.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
And, I was hoping no one would ask 😆. The problem was me. I'm guessing below a certain speed they don't move much if at all so in the morning with low beams on navigating thru my parking garage they didn't seem to be moving. (But maybe I'm wrong?) And believe it or not I've very rarely used my high beams and my drive home at night is well lit with no curves. So I took the long way home tonight after work down a narrow unlit road with highs on and the definetly move. Thanx all for the help. Flame away 🔥

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Why doesn’t the Golf R front bumper cover fit the GTI front? Are there differences behind the bumper cover that prevent it from bolting right up? The R400 front bumper cover is so much more aggressive so I’m just curious 🧐

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
When I thread the bolts that hold the coil packs down, I can feel some of them not going down easily and getting hung up on the threads. Is there an alternative bolt that can be used or do I just keep using the OEM bolts knowing that helicoil is in my future?