GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Here's a pic of my #1 fav bike you'll have to likely bury me next to, lol:

I also own a 1980 honda express 50cc 2stroke scooter, a 1970 kawasaki avenger 350 2stroke 2cyl, and a 1972 kawasaki G5 100 1cyl 2stroke. I have issues.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I haven't done anything new to my car's play room aka garage, but yesterday I mounted a 2ft TrippLite power strip horizontally on the side of one of my steel cabinets connected to a dedicated line to the garage. It's those 90 degree outlet type.. and quick assess from my mobile cart. Very versatile.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Long live two strokes! I keep switching it up trying to find the best place for our bikes, but it’s slow season so I’ve got time to sort thst
2DBDC4A0-BD32-408E-AEB5-382EE50E5CF9.jpeg

Consolidated trailer & tractor parking for now
F5D7D6B8-748C-4F54-8B9A-76A857B40679.jpeg
F1D38075-37D0-482C-A1C4-9DF4E7E45793.jpeg

Picked up a cheap rack to organize stuff that doesn’t really need to be inside. It’s still under cover with extra metal siding on top, and free’d up room for the two black storage cabinets by the bikes.
AA45C60D-9990-44AF-95E4-2E36FE0E1F5A.jpeg

I really like the Tv in the shop idea, and have a old 40” I’ll hang someday. Just haven’t decided where it’ll be out of the way without being too far from the fabrication area where I spend most of my time.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Long live two strokes! I keep switching it up trying to find the best place for our bikes, but it’s slow season so I’ve got time to sort thst
View attachment 233428
Consolidated trailer & tractor parking for now
View attachment 233429View attachment 233430
Picked up a cheap rack to organize stuff that doesn’t really need to be inside. It’s still under cover with extra metal siding on top, and free’d up room for the two black storage cabinets by the bikes.
View attachment 233431
I really like the Tv in the shop idea, and have a old 40” I’ll hang someday. Just haven’t decided where it’ll be out of the way without being too far from the fabrication area where I spend most of my time.
Missed opportunity to make a loft with a couch, tv, fridge

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Missed opportunity to make a loft with a couch, tv, fridge

I have a mini fridge out there (kinda hidden in the picture with the bikes).

Eventually there’s a chance I’ll do a mezzanine with a pool table, but it’s starting to look like this won’t be our forever home & shop so I might pump the brakes and save that for the next one.

My dad keeping talking about wanting to go in on something down here with me & if that happens the new shop will be at least twice the size and have a in law suite for him. So far we have 6.5 acres down the road and looking at options with it, but it’s in a HOA (ik, weird for such a large parcel) & it’s not the school district my wife wants to be in so that’s kinda on the back burner now and looking for something that checks all the boxes.

My dads house/shop in Ohio is pretty badass, so if we do one together it’ll be awesome. We built the original part in 2010 & he since added on the 30x40 addition on the left

4060ADAE-D8B2-47E5-97FF-F178EF28D70D.jpeg
94C89A37-7867-43D6-B3BC-D373A5BD0F54.jpeg
FA15A491-0817-4905-8F5C-B46CD35AB040.jpeg

The bay the X3 is in is about 45’ deep and 20’ wide. I used to keep my Cummins & Mk6 GTI in there front to back.

The entire original part has radiant heat in the floor, and the new part has a heat exchanger.

bagged_hag

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Added my old 60" Vizio, re-did the hanging shelves and added my car wash station.

View attachment 233427
K1700? If so, what gun are you running? I picked up a K1700 but can’t decide on what spray gun to go with. Thinking I might just bite the bullet and pick up a mosmatic gun, especially since I can pick it up locally for less then most online retailers.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
K1700? If so, what gun are you running? I picked up a K1700 but can’t decide on what spray gun to go with. Thinking I might just bite the bullet and pick up a mosmatic gun, especially since I can pick it up locally for less then most online retailers.
Yeah k1700 with a fucked up paint job. I have the MTM sgs28 on a swivel. I don't think I'd pay up for a mosmatic given how great the MTM gun has been.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You ever do one of those things that makes you go "God damn you're an idiot..."?

I bought a couple more of those wall mounted tire storage racks. Have a second set of my friends wheels that are being stored in my garage, and since I'm grabbing a new set of wheels tomorrow, will need a place to store my Prets.

Anyway, the racks are good up to 4' wide. I had my studs pre-marked on the walls, so I went to go install the 3rd rack. Mounted up the left side, counted over 4 studs, since they're good for up to 4' wide. Mounted the right side. Though "That looks pretty far apart for 4 feet". Went to go mount the brace across it, and of course its too short.

Thought to myself "You fucking idiot, studs are 16" apart..."

So I took the two thicker pieces of the cross section, put one of the thinner pieces between them, and mounted it that way. The wheels will still fit resting against that and the back wall. Will it snap? Possibly, but I doubt it. I will probably end up correcting it. Knowing my luck if it does snap or break, it won't be while the garage is empty, it will be one of the rare occasions that I have my car parked in there, and it will dump a set of wheels on my hood...

1647645937948.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
My new garage is ugly, maybe i'll post in a few months when its all cleaned out and painted
heres from a few months ago though, in the middle of moving in and i decided to turn two MK5's into lezzie soulmates
1647646287319.png

1647646303970.png

and a month or two ago, still a total pigsty but i did hang up 4 pics of previous cars in the corner and get my tools back in one place lol
1647646373168.png

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
You ever do one of those things that makes you go "God damn you're an idiot..."?

I bought a couple more of those wall mounted tire storage racks. Have a second set of my friends wheels that are being stored in my garage, and since I'm grabbing a new set of wheels tomorrow, will need a place to store my Prets.

Anyway, the racks are good up to 4' wide. I had my studs pre-marked on the walls, so I went to go install the 3rd rack. Mounted up the left side, counted over 4 studs, since they're good for up to 4' wide. Mounted the right side. Though "That looks pretty far apart for 4 feet". Went to go mount the brace across it, and of course its too short.

Thought to myself "You fucking idiot, studs are 16" apart..."

So I took the two thicker pieces of the cross section, put one of the thinner pieces between them, and mounted it that way. The wheels will still fit resting against that and the back wall. Will it snap? Possibly, but I doubt it. I will probably end up correcting it. Knowing my luck if it does snap or break, it won't be while the garage is empty, it will be one of the rare occasions that I have my car parked in there, and it will dump a set of wheels on my hood...

View attachment 242965

I have very similar racks and on one the right arm pulled from the stud and the front support broke as i was putting the last wheel/tire up. They came down on me and I prevented them from hitting the car but I got hurt and the wall was mangled. Where the rack was sitting for me though, it could easily have totalled one car.

Be careful with it! I got pretty lucky...