GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
@Acadia18 is all FOMO over that rail pressure.

1639527110274.png

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Took the car out last night for some test pulls and 1st - 3rd get zero traction when flooring it and 4th starts slipping some when the torque kicks in full so any 60 - 130 pulls and racing other cars will have to wait till the weather gets warmer and I'm able to change over to my summer setup for wheels/tires. These next 4 months are going to drag by so slowly.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Meh. You gotta get the bodywork done anyway. That’s good amount of time to get the trans figured out too.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Meh. You gotta get the bodywork done anyway. That’s good amount of time to get the trans figured out too.
I ordered a whole new front bumper and all of the plastic trim parts that go with it back on November 23rd and it should be arriving today. I drop my car off at the body shop on the 21st and will be replacing my Strafe Design rear diffuser with Aerofabb's CS rear diffuser and will talk to the shop about the carbon fiber hatch. The trans I will be going with SQS Racing and replace my shifter with a SQS-E (sequential shifter with electromagnetic assistant) and even though the SQS-E is designed for synchronised gearboxes, it can be used also with a dog box with more comfort, safety, and precision. Just need to decide which gearbox I want to go with.

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Congrats on all this. Fantastic numbers.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Alright folks, so my Wavetrac arrived yesterday BUT the damn ARP bolt kit is on a major delay. ARP kept pushing it back every 2 weeks and now I hear it might not be until February that I'll get the bolts. WTF!!! All I was told from Autotech was that ARP was hit hard in the last year or so and that 02A bolt kits took 8-9 months, hopefully 02M/02Qs wont be as bad.

Now on to some better news. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow temps are going to be in the 70's with night temps in the mid to upper 50's and may get in to the low 60's so you know what that means? I'll be switching over to my summer setup today after work and will try to get out late tonight to get some logs.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Sorry guys, didn't go out last night. My old broken ass fell asleep on the couch (back pain meds) and when I woke up, it was after 0230 in the morning. I did swap setups so if the rain holds off tonight or doesn't start till late tonight, then I will try again tonight.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Sorry guys, didn't go out last night. My old broken ass fell asleep on the couch (back pain meds) and when I woke up, it was after 0230 in the morning. I did swap setups so if the rain holds off tonight or doesn't start till late tonight, then I will try again tonight.
Laughing at "try again tonight". You know you are getting older when falling asleep on the couch equals an attempt at getting sonothing else done. Love it!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Laughing at "try again tonight". You know you are getting older when falling asleep on the couch equals an attempt at getting sonothing else done. Love it!
Lol... Hey, to be fair, I'm only 44 but due to multiple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan and this last one to Afghan in 2014 fucked up my lower back (yeah, thanks Taliban, you fucking assholes), my body is broken which has put me on pain management and multiple surgeries ever since.