GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

DeuceMcgee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
Just read through this thread today and it's like binge watching a series up to the finale in real time. Hope this sorts out your issues @Acadia18. Great Build!

draftgli

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just read through this thread today and it's like binge watching a series up to the finale in real time. Hope this sorts out your issues @Acadia18. Great Build!

Still a couple episodes left!

And then, there's next season to look forward to...

Honestly though, I'm running out of things to throw money at :ROFLMAO:

Like Jim said, I'm sure mounts will come eventually. Probably the BFI ones. With most other bigger purchases done, I'm sure I'll look at a 9.2" MIB2.5 system. From there, who knows!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Best of luck tonight. I'm confident it's good to go.

I am too given my partial log at the top of 3rd.

The good news- Autotech responded to my inquiry in about an hour, and opened up and RMA for my internals no questions asked.

The lame news-

Screenshot_20211215-183836_Google.jpg

It's started raining, so no logging tonight ☹️

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I am too given my partial log at the top of 3rd.

The good news- Autotech responded to my inquiry in about an hour, and opened up and RMA for my internals no questions asked.

The lame news-

View attachment 232900

It's started raining, so no logging tonight ☹️
Was going to give you a like for the good Autotech news and then you end it with saying it's raining and no logging.

I don't know how you're standing the drama to get this done. It's killing me. 😂

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Was going to give you a like for the good Autotech news and then you end it with saying it's raining and no logging.

shit I'm still not done with my tuning and the last map i got was like 10 months ago - it was "ok when you install the MPI you have, i will engage that and the 4 bar sensor" almost a year later and still have not installed the MPI haha.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
shit I'm still not done with my tuning and the last map i got was like 10 months ago - it was "ok when you install the MPI you have, i will engage that and the 4 bar sensor" almost a year later and still have not installed the MPI haha.

You know, this would have been a perfect opportunity to install the MPI, and sell your HPFP to someone else 🤣🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

At this point, I'm pretty happy with the performance of the EQT tune. I didn't want to sacrifice reliability for power and try to eek out every last little bit. I'm hitting 30 - 31psi, which is right where I wanted it to be (if possible). I could possibly see another revision if Nick needs to clean up this one.

With the fueling issues finally ironed out, I'm sure from here I'll be able to bang out the Sneeky one pretty quickly as well.

Since it looks like both tunes will be completed soon, bought @Escape Hatch's Dragy and we can see where these things land!

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
im glad you got the fuel pump sorted, even if it didn't come with paper work, literal jon.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
im glad you got the fuel pump sorted, even if it didn't come with paper work, literal jon.

Maybe I'll ask for some kind of certification that the replacement will function as advertised :ROFLMAO:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
You know, this would have been a perfect opportunity to install the MPI, and sell your HPFP to someone else 🤣🤣
Hence why I waited till the new pump showed up to mention me having a MPI kit in the garage 😂😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Alright. Fruitful night logging.

EQT -
3rd Gear Log
2nd through 4th Log

I probably won't pass these over to Nick just yet, because I know what he'll say. They're riddled with knock (which they are pretty much). This weekend, I'll make the 40 minute drive to the one gas station I know of in the area that has an E85 pump, and hope it's working. I could probably call in advance, I guess. I don't mind going back every month or two, filling up 5 - 10 gals, and just adding in a gallon at home every time I fill my tank.

Sneeky -
Log 1
Log 2
Log 3
Log 4

Well, rail pressure is fixed. Logs 1 and 4 look pretty much as expected. Log 2 looks like it has some slight wheel spin right when I get to boost.

Log 3 is the concerning one to me. At the start of the pull, I accidentally hit my paddle and shifted down to 2nd. Hadn't even hit 3200rpms in 3rd, so not that big of a deal. A second later the DSG auto upshifted back to 3rd. The end of the log is what's concerning. Usually, even in manual mode I let the DSG shift on it's own, and it goes from 3rd to 4th around 7200rpms. For whatever reason this time, it didn't. At the top of 3rd it felt like my power cut out, I let off the throttle, and things were normal. No EPC, no lights, etc... Looking at the log, it looks like it went up to 7500 - 7600rpm. When I got home, I pulled code P0219 Engine Overspeed Condition. On my way back home, I did do one more log to see if things were fine, which is log 4, and things were back to normal. Any ideas? Will mention it to Sneeky.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Alright. Fruitful night logging.

EQT -
3rd Gear Log
2nd through 4th Log

I probably won't pass these over to Nick just yet, because I know what he'll say. They're riddled with knock (which they are pretty much). This weekend, I'll make the 40 minute drive to the one gas station I know of in the area that has an E85 pump, and hope it's working. I could probably call in advance, I guess. I don't mind going back every month or two, filling up 5 - 10 gals, and just adding in a gallon at home every time I fill my tank.

Sneeky -
Log 1
Log 2
Log 3
Log 4

Well, rail pressure is fixed. Logs 1 and 4 look pretty much as expected. Log 2 looks like it has some slight wheel spin right when I get to boost.

Log 3 is the concerning one to me. At the start of the pull, I accidentally hit my paddle and shifted down to 2nd. Hadn't even hit 3200rpms in 3rd, so not that big of a deal. A second later the DSG auto upshifted back to 3rd. The end of the log is what's concerning. Usually, even in manual mode I let the DSG shift on it's own, and it goes from 3rd to 4th around 7200rpms. For whatever reason this time, it didn't. At the top of 3rd it felt like my power cut out, I let off the throttle, and things were normal. No EPC, no lights, etc... Looking at the log, it looks like it went up to 7500 - 7600rpm. When I got home, I pulled code P0219 Engine Overspeed Condition. On my way back home, I did do one more log to see if things were fine, which is log 4, and things were back to normal. Any ideas? Will mention it to Sneeky.
So happy the fuel problem is fixed.

When you said the one time it felt like the power cut out is when it hit the rev limiter. Mine has inexplicably done the same thing occasionally running the EQT DSG tune. It only does it once in a while so I haven't said anything to EQT about it.

Are you happy with the power so far?