GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

heated seats retrofit

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I’m yet to find a decent reliable retrofitter.
lol
Whilst im at it I may as well ask your advice on upgrading the audio system.

currently on eBay there’s a full Dynaudio system. tweters Mids front and back spare wheel sub and under seat amp for £350 translates approx $400.

I currently have Dynaudio tweeters in A pillars that came from the donor Golf R but I’m pretty sure one tweeters distorting and the sound is pretty flat from the rest of the speakers because the doors still have the standard speakers, hence wanting to upgrade.

My head unit is the MIB 2 screen and I believe there an amp under my seat, well it’s looks like an amp. I’ve attached pics and part no for what I believe is the amp.

Will installing the Dynaudio setup involve an upgraded BCM too ?

I’ve attached pics of item with heat sink under my seat including pic of label and rear connector.
Do you think the Dynaudio will plug abd play or will I require a specific loom too
That's an auxiliary battery, not an amp.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yup, assuming your car is a Hybrid (it's probably mentioned, but I'm lazy). Dynaudio retrofit will require running harnesses, not impossible but not easy. And arguably not worth it unless you really want to Dynaudio to stay OEM like. If you just want to improve your audio you do better than the Dynaudio by putting together your own system.

Adding Dynaudio should not require a new BCM. Your MIB must have MOST (fiber optic) out; it probably does. But the harness install for Dynaudio is much more work than heated seats.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32869107957.html?

Aaron1875

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Yup, assuming your car is a Hybrid (it's probably mentioned, but I'm lazy). Dynaudio retrofit will require running harnesses, not impossible but not easy. And arguably not worth it unless you really want to Dynaudio to stay OEM like. If you just want to improve your audio you do better than the Dynaudio by putting together your own system.

Adding Dynaudio should not require a new BCM. Your MIB must have MOST (fiber optic) out; it probably does. But the harness install for Dynaudio is much more work than heated seats.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32869107957.html?
My cars not a hybrid, its base platform is a 1.5 TSI NAV SE bluemotion, according to user IWO M, that’s a battery under my seat not an amp, I’m assuming that’s where the electricity is stored from brake regeneration ? Dilemma now where to store an amp lol.

back to heated seats I’ve managed to locate a BCM at a reasonable price equiv of $30 off a 2017 7.5 GTD, forgive me ignorance but does it matter whether the BCM is off a petrol or diesel ?
I’ve attached pic of part no and code, is this classed as a high line BCM ?

BCM PQ37H H38

Attachments

• 1A7C070B-2AFE-45D9-B129-5AA2524190CF.png
    1A7C070B-2AFE-45D9-B129-5AA2524190CF.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 84

Théophile Cheval

Car(s)
Golf 7 GTI
Bonjour, je souhaite installer les sièges chauffants sur mon véhicule, j'ai déjà acheté le climatronic pour sièges chauffants, mon BCM est un haut, j'ai commandé les tapis chauffants avec les harnais, j'ai aussi la connexion BCM pouvez-vous m'aider avec le codage s'il vous plait ?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Bonjour, je souhaite installer les sièges chauffants sur mon véhicule, j'ai déjà acheté le climatronic pour sièges chauffants, mon BCM est un haut, j'ai commandé les tapis chauffants avec les harnais, j'ai aussi la connexion BCM pouvez-vous m'aider avec le codage s'il vous plait ?
This is an English speaking forum.

Théophile Cheval

Car(s)
Golf 7 GTI
Hello, I want to install the heated seats on my vehicle, I have already bought the climatronic for heated seats, my BCM is a high, I ordered the heating mats with the harnesses, I also have the BCM connection can you help me with coding please?

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Hello, I want to install the heated seats on my vehicle, I have already bought the climatronic for heated seats, my BCM is a high, I ordered the heating mats with the harnesses, I also have the BCM connection can you help me with coding please?

09 Central Electrics --> Seat heater level current consumption allocation --> Sitzheitzung CAN

Change from "not installed" to"Sitzheitzung bei BCM"

Aaron1875

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
See my comment above. That's the coding. Just one change.
How is it that my BCM is a Mid, yet my vehicle from factory came with Bi xenon LED DRL , Infotainment MIB 2.5 9 inch discover pro with gesture control, upgraded audio, Park pilot front & rear, ACC radar control, multi function steering wheel, Lithium ion Battery regenerator, stop start tech etc.
Is there ever an exception where a Mid BCM may have the heated seat pins ?.
It’s such a pain because I have all the upgraded hardware fitted. Full heated R leather interior, Dual Climatronic with heated seats buttons (I upgraded Climatronic using upgrade loom).
The cost of a replacement upgraded used BCM and installation of heated seats loom and coding is £650 from a reputable retrofitter, which I just can’t justify right now.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
How is it that my BCM is a Mid, yet my vehicle from factory came with Bi xenon LED DRL , Mid 2.5 9 inch discover pro, upgraded audio, Park pilot front & rear, ACC radar control, multi function steering wheel, Lithium ion Battery regenerator, stop start tech etc.
Is there ever an exception where a Mid BCM may have the heated seat pins ?.
It’s such a pain because I have all the upgraded hardware. Full heated R leather interior, Dual Climatronic with heated seats buttons (I upgraded Climatronic using upgrade loom).
The cost of a replacement upgraded used BCM and installation of heated seats loom and coding is £650 from a reputable retrofitter, which I just can’t justify right now.
Sure it's not Mid+?

Aaron1875

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R

Attachments

• 69C4C013-A363-4998-9A7F-12AA30A2F4C6.jpeg
    69C4C013-A363-4998-9A7F-12AA30A2F4C6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
  • ED58B026-A06D-4CD0-B90F-4ABECDE7C9E8.jpeg
    ED58B026-A06D-4CD0-B90F-4ABECDE7C9E8.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 108