GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Formula 1 Season

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Max did well & as much as he could have today. A shame we really didn't get to see the lead two fight it out. Not a fan of follow the leader racing.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
After Brazil, nothing is exciting anymore lol

Very, very happy for Alonso. I feel like he would've held onto P3 even without the VSC. He had a great day, totally on the ball. RBR with the mega damage limitation, the championship is very much alive. Even the constructors is still up for grabs, with Bottas' retirement. Anything could happen with two races to go. You love to see it.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
I'm not arguing for a penalty. My take is just that Max utilizes his car as a cudgel more than any other driver on the course (aside from Mazepan, but that's a talent deficiency.) There's aggressive, then there's reckless, Max is frequently the latter. With them being from different times and facing different drivers, I want to say that Senna and Schumi were more often than not calculating to only make it hard on their opponents, not actually looking to crash into them. Schumi occassionally went batshit though and that logic clearly went out the window. I just feel like good drivers err on the side of caution, Max errs on the side of Max alone. It's scary and unprofessional. I don't like his driving, never have, likely never will. Like I said, it's way too similar to the stupid stuff that Coulthard used to pull. I've never been so happy to see someone retire.

And yes, I absolutely agree that the track layout had something to do with it, some kitty litter in the run off areas would have made this all a non event. Brazil has always seemed like a track that's about 85% done and they just sort of gave up and went home when it was close enough. The cachaca beckons, we must be going!

Well I would say Max is like those two, where they make it hard for their opponent but don't actually want to crash? Don't think Max wanted to crash at all on Interlagos, he meant to go off wide and knew Lewis will give him the space... he doesn't want to crash either.

Now if Saudi Arabia ends up Lewis 1st, Max 2nd and so forth.... and its like down 2 points in his favor for Abu Dhabi, but he will probably qualify second again.... then for that final race, I would actually expect of him to try to pull something, just like Senna (vs Prost) and Schumie (vs Hill, Jacques)

It just may be too enticing.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Not a very interesting race. Man Bottas just has the worst luck. Very happy to see Alonso on the podium. Things are getting closer, should go down to the wire.

Oh yes, Lewis won again. :D

After Brazil, nothing is exciting anymore lol

Well we have been a bit spoiled lately with good races and a great championship battle, but the race turned out good imo...
The new track punished the cars a bit in ways they didnt expect and the racing itself was better than predicted, maybe the DRS was a tad too powerful...

The actual circuit looked really fun, the qualifying laps where crazy impressive.... Leans towards the better races of the V6 era... at least for the novelity....

By far the most sparks I have ever seen in a track, they had the high rake cars like the RB and Alpha running really low, front wing scrapping and the lip of the t tray basically the entire time:

Very, very happy for Alonso. I feel like he would've held onto P3 even without the VSC. He had a great day, totally on the ball. RBR with the mega damage limitation, the championship is very much alive. Even the constructors is still up for grabs, with Bottas' retirement. Anything could happen with two races to go. You love to see it.

Total disaster for Alpha Tauri too, gonna help Alpine a lot....

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Well we have been a bit spoiled lately with good races and a great championship battle, but the race turned out good imo...
The new track punished the cars a bit in ways they didnt expect and the racing itself was better than predicted, maybe the DRS was a tad too powerful...

The actual circuit looked really fun, the qualifying laps where crazy impressive.... Leans towards the better races of the V6 era... at least for the novelity....

By far the most sparks I have ever seen in a track, they had the high rake cars like the RB and Alpha running really low, front wing scrapping and the lip of the t tray basically the entire time:

Total disaster for Alpha Tauri too, gonna help Alpine a lot....

I think the new track punished the cars severely because it's a track that was designed for one front tire, not two. That, and making ~63% right-handers really toasted up their front-lefts.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I don’t even know what to think after that race lol. Dirty tricks from both sides.

Also I’m pretty sure that race actually took years off my life lmfao

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Verstappen does not deserve Driver of the Day, imo. The shit he pulled on both T1 corner cuts (the second one made the first one look squeaky clean) and the potential malicious compliance of giving the place back... bullshit. But at the same time, Hamilton could've easily moved to the side -- he slowed down every bit as much as Max... so that one's on both of them imo. Almost like Lewis wanted something to happen.

Overall, wow. Going into the last race as if it were the first race. Next weekend is gonna be nuts.

SOOOOOO gutted for Ocon, oh my god.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
The whole "give the place back" needs to be coordinated better. There's no defined way of how it should be done but most people don't seem to have that much trouble with it.

And then his tires evaporated anyway so all those shenanigans were just bad form for show.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hamilton won, he & Verstappen are now equal on points going into the last race. Verstappen has 9 wins to Hamilton's 8.

For my two cents I didn't find the track shitty. I only saw dirty tricks on one side & they have been seen before.
Thank you for the update. 👍