GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I’d welcome that debate.

They had no problem charging me for a alignment, and I paid for it. They must have got it just barely into spec and now they’ve gotta take the time to re align it. If it’s anything short of that we’ll have issues.

I’ve been here two hours now, so hopefully they’re about to start working on it.
ftfy

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Well they re aligned it, no charge & I drove it home fault free so hopefully that’s it for the GLI drama.

I got information packets on the Mk8 GTI & R, so conspiracy theory here is the GLI alignment got muffed so I’d be forced to Mk8 shop lol.

Now I’m off to the Chevy dealership to see what they’re gonna do about the dash parts they broke doing a airbag recall on it.

(edit, it being the Suburban for those who aren’t aware we also have a land yacht)

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Dealership is offering me an insane amount on my GTI right now. Might have to trade in it just because I'd feel stupid passing up this deal lol. Probably will switch to a Tiguan or Jetta.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Don't go from a GTI to a Jetta or Tiguan. GLI.... ok. Tiguan, unless life demands it, don't do it.
I love Tiguans and Jettas though. In my fourteen years of (legally) driving (yes, I'm only 30) I've had four Jettas, three GTIs, two Tiguans, and a patridge in a pear tree. I get bored with cars easily if you can't tell.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I love Tiguans and Jettas though. In my fourteen years of (legally) driving (yes, I'm only 30) I've had four Jettas, three GTIs, two Tiguans, and a patridge in a pear tree. I get bored with cars easily if you can't tell.
I get that, but aim better.

kyLman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf
trading in a GTI for a Jetta? Yikes, quality of parts are different. If anything, trade in GTI and get a golf to save $$

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I would assume the price of the new vehicle would be inflated, as well as your trade in so it isn’t that “great” of a deal. I can’t see a dealer really giving a stellar deal on a new vehicle about now. Or I could be totally wrong, who knows.