GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yea i agree, best to know what all you'd need before getting into it. Part of me just wants a is38 becasue i dont want to deal with all this crap, everything i see its pretty much just marginally better than a is20 so whats the point in 1500$ upgrade for that.
I dont even have a HPFP upgrade yet myself, i planned to get one to do e85 on is20/is38 but if i plan to do vortex I could even get the PR 925cc kit for 700$, which is really only 350$ more than the HPFP.... decisions.....
There are a good handful of us with *wasted* hpfp purchases as well as mpi purchases because we started with the same concept of I’ll just do hpfp or just hpfp / lpfp, lol.

Just get the mpi and PROPER sized lpfp from the start and be done.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Thanks for the info. Viewed the EQT vortex thread a lot and even Ed said EQT Std is fine for HPFP upgrade only on pump, so I figured I’d just buy a vortex and run pump for a year or so because that’s still miles better than my is20 set up right now, so I would gladly enjoy that. Could even sell internals if I finally went ‘full beans’.
Wonder why they had Acadia upgrade his for his tune in this case? Or was it more just a matter of turning the tune down a bit, or upgrading a LPFP?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Wonder why they had Acadia upgrade his for his tune in this case? Or was it more just a matter of turning the tune down a bit, or upgrading a LPFP?

Yes, it was a choice of turn down the tune a bit or upgrade the LPFP. Went with "turn down the tune a bit" option first, then changed my mind.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
There are a good handful of us with *wasted* hpfp purchases as well as mpi purchases because we started with the same concept of I’ll just do hpfp or just hpfp / lpfp, lol.

Just get the mpi and PROPER sized lpfp from the start and be done.
When I read this, I get sick to my stomach - and I've read something along these lines like 10 times over the last month.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It's an easy call for me, because I don't have any access to corn. So MPI just doesn't make sense for the most part. On pump gas, the HPFP\LPFP combo should cover all my fueling needs.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
What's up with your Sneeky log? That STFT is crazy...

Also this is my first time looking at your logs, so maybe you covered it earlier but what’s up with that big boost dip midway through your pulls? Are you running a taper?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
When I read this, I get sick to my stomach - and I've read something along these lines like 10 times over the last month.
It's too late now

1638209010815.png

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

Also this is my first time looking at your logs, so maybe you covered it earlier but what’s up with that big boost dip midway through your pulls? Are you running a taper?
I would think that LT and ST fuel trims would wonky in this situation since he’s constantly switching tunes and instantly logging, as those are stored and learned parameters of the ecu 🤷🏼‍♂️

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I would think that LT and ST fuel trims would wonky in this situation since he’s constantly switching tunes and instantly logging, as those are stored and learned parameters of the ecu 🤷🏼‍♂️

Doesn’t the car reset itself when reflashed though just for that purpose?

I’m pretty sure when EQT rolled out the “unplugging the o2 sensor” thing they had me reflash the tune so it would clear all that stuff.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

No idea about the STFT/LTFTs.

The big boost dip is when it shifts from 3rd to 4th. EQT usually drops 1 or 2 psi, where Sneeky drops a little more. Not sure why the most recent one shows a 30 to 14psi drop, but the last round of Sneeky logs were wonky. Which is why I wanted to grab some new ones before sending them over to him. Will probably go out tonight to grab those.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Not important, but the thread title has gained a typo..or maybe it was always there :unsure:

It's always been there. Even as you said that, I read it like 10 times and went "There's no typo there..."

Then I finally saw it.

Edit: Fixed.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
GOD DAMN IT NICK I JUST WANT THE BOOOOOOST

1638223090568.png

I could have sword I did turn it off for those pulls. Looks like I'll have to go out and relog Sneeky and EQT tonight...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R