GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
on mobile browser every other link click ends up with an ad. I see it in Chrome and Safari on iOS.
Interesting. I’ve never seen an ad but sometimes I get a page load error randomly.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Interesting. I’ve never seen an ad but sometimes I get a page load error randomly.
I get a TON of page load errors like this, multiple times per day, but never with any other site:

1637781198069.jpeg

Probably the wrong thread for this, so... sorry I guess? Back to our regularly scheduled free for all.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I get a TON of page load errors like this, multiple times per day, but never with any other site:

View attachment 231273

Probably the wrong thread for this, so... sorry I guess? Back to our regularly scheduled free for all.
Yup that’s exactly the error message. I rarely use a computer to visit here but don’t remember seeing that on my laptop.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Not so much what I did to the car, but what I found.

There's a spot on my driver's side upper seat bolster, where the leather is already wearing through... on a 7 month old car. I've had other vehicles for years of hard work use that didn't show that kind of wear.

We are not amused. There's a clear trend of materials VW used on this car that look good, but are comically fragile. Interior plastics, windshield, headlight lenses, and leather seats apparently.

It really bothers me, and it's a trend in lots of other products. Durability under normal use is literally one of the cornerstones of the value equation, and the finishes on this car are obviously weak in that area.

I leased the car for write-off reasons, with the intent to buy it out at the end. I suspect I won't want to keep it, if this trend continues.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Winter tires are on. Also, noticed two huge dents in my rear passenger side door where someone must have hit me in a parking lot somewhere. No clue when it happened or where. I usually never look at that side of my car and I always park at the end of the lot.

kyLman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf
Took my 2015 1.8 golf sport on 3000 mile trip a week ago, finally getting around to detailing the car like new again. Car performed like a champ

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Also, noticed two huge dents in my rear passenger side door where someone must have hit me in a parking lot somewhere.
Always fun, my car has been hit 3 times in the past two years. Always in the parking lot... do my best to park as near to the curb as possible, in a spot where there is only parking on one side of it. You could literally lay down in the parking spot next to my car and still be in the line, yet people still find ways to hit it.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Disrespectful mother fuckers.

I never park anywhere that people can park on both sides of the car. It's also best to park on the passenger side of cars if you must park next to them. A car is always going to have a driver but not always passengers.

Unfortunately even this strategy isn't fool proof. Some douche still managed to put a quarter sized dent on the hatch and scuff my bumper in the rear.

No matter the time I never park close to a store, my condo, or the doors where I work. Lazy people who won't walk are are same people who dent car panels.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I was able to buff out what looked like grocery cart damage on my bumper. So far, no dings. It's helps that neither car gets out much over the last 2 years.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Mine got dinged when I was at the hospital getting my baby. I saw it, but I wasn't too upset at the time. I looked at it the other day and I got pretty pissed off though.