GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Can't afford my full upgrade path to my power goal (425-450) which will require MPI and a LPFP. But maybe a Vortex XL and for now stay within the fuel limits of the stock fuel system. That would be what 400ish whp?

I'd also advise against that.

And like @MSH said, I don't think they'll tune it without at least the HPFP. And then when you're doing that process, you'll be told your LPFP isn't good enough. And you'll see the stock PUT being maxed out.

Just do it all at once, right :ROFLMAO:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Can't afford my full upgrade path to my power goal (425-450) which will require MPI and a LPFP. But maybe a Vortex XL and for now stay within the fuel limits of the stock fuel system. That would be what 400ish whp?
The Vortex XL will make over 450 HP. You need the standard Vortex. Going to need the HPFP also. And 425 - 450 HP does not require MPI or a LPFP.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I'd also advise against that.

And like @MSH said, I don't think they'll tune it without at least the HPFP. And then when you're doing that process, you'll be told your LPFP isn't good enough. And you'll see the stock PUT being maxed out.

Just do it all at once, right :ROFLMAO:
That is not necessarily accurate. I was tuned on the XL with HPFP only on 93 and my LPFP is plenty fine. Also in the 450+ whp range.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
^ I like that you are just XL with HPFP and make damn near my 500 goal. Makes me wonder if the extra 30-ish hp is worth the extra $$ in mods.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
^ I like that you are just XL with HPFP and make damn near my 500 goal. Makes me wonder if the extra 30-ish hp is worth the extra $$ in mods.
My opinion is riding the margin of safety with an inadequate fuel system isn’t wise. One bad tank of fuel could ruin you.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
To be fair, this is on stock sensors. Swap those out and I may gain roughly another 20 whp from where I am sitting now.

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
To be fair, this is on stock sensors. Swap those out and I may gain roughly another 20 whp from where I am sitting now.
We have similar setups, I'm almost on the verge of getting the sensors and a new tune (already have the A2B brushless pump just not installed yet). I heard its roughly 20-30whp just from the PUT and 5bart sensors, also want to tune for an e40 mix. EQT's boost weather sale isn't helping!!!

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Long time Vortex car here. Still stupid happy with the turbo and Ed's tune.
If you're on the fence, boost sale is the time to do it!

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
The Vortex XL will make over 450 HP. You need the standard Vortex. Going to need the HPFP also. And 425 - 450 HP does not require MPI or a LPFP.
I've been on the fence, my power goal seems to be closer to the limit of the standard Vortex. It also seems closer to fuel limits.

Any limitation in fueling can be overcome by just lower boost...lol
This was I was thinking, $100 top-up tuned with lower boost pressure until I upgrade fuel.

Though this thread hasn't helped....tempted to go with a standard Vortex...maybe a HPFP as well?