GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Got a quote from APTuning to get the South Bend Stage 3 Daily kit done, as well as mounts and clutch delay valve delete. Ordered the BFI engine/trans mounts from USP, once I have those in hand it's getting scheduled to get the clutch done, I've done a number of mk4 clutches in the past but for once it makes more sense to just have a shop do it and use the time for other things -- midlife is a weird time. But I think with that all done, I'll have the GTI of my dreams, and be happy for a while. Very excited. I know this isn't quite in the spirit of the thread, but I'm excited and just wanted to say something.
Great choice - I love mine.

You won't be happy for a while - you'll stumble across some thread on this forum that will make you go "Hmmm..."; next thing you know you are ordering a hybrid turbo and fueling. It happens to all of us man - I keep saying it, but this place is a bad place man.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
next thing you know you are ordering a hybrid turbo and fueling. It happens to all of us man
Sir I can't think of one person, especially not any dog owners, that this has happened to lately. Come on now...

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Great choice - I love mine.

You won't be happy for a while - you'll stumble across some thread on this forum that will make you go "Hmmm..."; next thing you know you are ordering a hybrid turbo and fueling. It happens to all of us man - I keep saying it, but this place is a bad place man.
1637676399330.gif

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
This whole place has been incredibly dangerous to my wallet. I was ecstatic to finally get a GTI, and then it became a matter of 'What can I add to really make it what I always dreamed of'?

But I'm inclined to think the 19 S was the way to go, I didn't think I cared all that much about the PP until I saw how common it was for folks to want to swap for the upgraded brakes, the LSD is delightful, and I always wanted the plaid seats. All around, it's such a fun car to drive, it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. And the community here is great, nobody seems to go out of their way to be a jerk and there's so much good information. Not sure if it's because there's a more mature crowd here (being that it's a newer vehicle, I come from mk4s), or if it's just luck of the draw, but either way it's appreciated.

I could gush for days on end about the experience overall. But having my attainable dream car has been an awesome experience, and everyone I've interacted with because of it only sweetens things.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
This whole place has been incredibly dangerous to my wallet. I was ecstatic to finally get a GTI, and then it became a matter of 'What can I add to really make it what I always dreamed of'?

But I'm inclined to think the 19 S was the way to go, I didn't think I cared all that much about the PP until I saw how common it was for folks to want to swap for the upgraded brakes, the LSD is delightful, and I always wanted the plaid seats. All around, it's such a fun car to drive, it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. And the community here is great, nobody seems to go out of their way to be a jerk and there's so much good information. Not sure if it's because there's a more mature crowd here (being that it's a newer vehicle, I come from mk4s), or if it's just luck of the draw, but either way it's appreciated.

I could gush for days on end about the experience overall. But having my attainable dream car has been an awesome experience, and everyone I've interacted with because of it only sweetens things.

Yeah, I own a PP and non-PP mk7, there's definitely a difference when you start pushing the car hard.

Mk7 forum is how NASIOC used to be before used WRX's got cheap enough to buy that the place filled up with 19 year olds asking which blowoff valve added the most hp 50 times a day.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Mk7 forum is how NASIOC used to be before used WRX's got cheap enough to buy that the place filled up with 19 year olds asking which blowoff valve added the most hp 50 times a day.
This

and everyone strives to prevent it from becoming the next vwvortex

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
You were there, you know what I'm taking about. Lol
Yeah….I had to really search for legit, mature members who knew what they were talking about beyond just upgrading to a vf43 lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah….I had to really search for legit, mature members who knew what they were talking about beyond just upgrading to a vf43 lol

I joined in 02, when I bought my first Subaru, but I had autocross and track friends that were already into Subarus and had GC's that were full JDM EJ207 drive train swapped, with TD05's, so they were a wealth of info.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
and everyone strives to prevent it from becoming the next vwvortex
I don't think you have much to worry about. As long as the advertising here is a full-screen, browser-redirect, overbearing mess, we aren't going to be seeing much organic growth. Your average person does not have adblocker on their phone.

galavanter13

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Got a quote from APTuning to get the South Bend Stage 3 Daily kit done, as well as mounts and clutch delay valve delete. Ordered the BFI engine/trans mounts from USP, once I have those in hand it's getting scheduled to get the clutch done, I've done a number of mk4 clutches in the past but for once it makes more sense to just have a shop do it and use the time for other things -- midlife is a weird time. But I think with that all done, I'll have the GTI of my dreams, and be happy for a while. Very excited. I know this isn't quite in the spirit of the thread, but I'm excited and just wanted to say something.
Keep us updated on the clutch install. I was thinking of getting a quote from APtuning for my clutch also.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Keep us updated on the clutch install. I was thinking of getting a quote from APtuning for my clutch also.
Will do. I was quoted $650 ($100/hr x 6.5 hours) for labor, and when I told them I'd be supplying the clutch, they asked what I was looking at. Turns out they keep the South Bend Stage 3 Daily in stock, and offered me 10% off of retail if I bought through them. I'm additionally having them do the BFI mounts and clutch delay valve delete, so with fluid and everything I believe I'm going to come out around $2900. It's expensive, but labor is way cheaper than the ~$1200 the dealer wanted.

I've not had shops do much work on my cars in the past, but in this instance/with a car this new, I'd rather have someone experienced do the job. Additionally, it means I can just drop the car off and go to work, and then pick it up later, which is nice.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I don't think you have much to worry about. As long as the advertising here is a full-screen, browser-redirect, overbearing mess, we aren't going to be seeing much organic growth. Your average person does not have adblocker on their phone.
I was more referring to the absolute douchery that was inherent there

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Will do. I was quoted $650 ($100/hr x 6.5 hours) for labor, and when I told them I'd be supplying the clutch, they asked what I was looking at. Turns out they keep the South Bend Stage 3 Daily in stock, and offered me 10% off of retail if I bought through them. I'm additionally having them do the BFI mounts and clutch delay valve delete, so with fluid and everything I believe I'm going to come out around $2900. It's expensive, but labor is way cheaper than the ~$1200 the dealer wanted.

I've not had shops do much work on my cars in the past, but in this instance/with a car this new, I'd rather have someone experienced do the job. Additionally, it means I can just drop the car off and go to work, and then pick it up later, which is nice.
650 is very reasonable!

I paid a vw dealer tech to do mine on the side (at the dealer still, just his day off) and I paid 500 for the labor including him installing a front sway bar and doing an alignment and sensor calibration… 6 months later when I destroyed that clutch he charged me the same to do the job again 😂😂, and 5 months after that when the DKM TOB decided to goes and cover my clutch with fluid - I figured it was time to save a little and do it myself ( its a highly unpleasant single man diy )