GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
thumbs-up-god-of-war.gif

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
When your 2021 gets delivered with a mk8 radio logo and your ocd kicks in

The last place the old logo will be is on the front grill and bottom of steering wheel which are both eventually coming off... I will be swapping to a MK8 steering wheel because it reminds me of the mk6. But that's on the bottom of the list of priorities.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Eurodyne Powertap is in. Only 200 miles on the new clutch; gonna wait till 500+ miles to put in the new turbski.
In the meantime gotta figure how TF to use this thing and flash their Stage 2 file.
IMG_8034.JPG

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
When your 2021 gets delivered with a mk8 radio logo and your ocd kicks in

The last place the old logo will be is on the front grill and bottom of steering wheel which are both eventually coming off... I will be swapping to a MK8 steering wheel because it reminds me of the mk6. But that's on the bottom of the list of priorities.
Wait... does the interior have the new logo versus the exterior logos?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
"What made you decide on that turbo?"

Daks:
View attachment 231153
Duties kill us here in Canada.

Honestly, this is how it went down. I've been jonesing for a turbo upgrade for the past four months. And I wanted a powerband that resembles an IS38. Bought a never used HPFP locally a few months back for a killer deal - $200CAD. I've been looking for a similarly "used" turbo locally and the best deal that came up was a DBV2 - decided to pass on it. I waited for the Boost weather sale to see the discounts - and although solid, the duties and brokerage kills us here in Canada. Waited on TPC to release their new line - it came out; was most likely going to go with TPC25 within the next month.

Member here was selling a new HPA FRP500 and I was going to buy it off him - but then I realized that for that big boy I'd most likely have to go MPI and LPFP, and after seeing what happened to you and how slippery that slope is - passed. Then today I got an email from HPA (I had a few of their parts on my MK6R) and they were like: "Hey Dave, check out this sale we're having" and I was like "Go on...". Kit comes with everything needed to install and then some - I'll sell my IE intake and TIP to offset some of the cost - go back to factory airbox. The numbers on HPA's site were with a HPFP only and I liked them; so in short: able to sell my intake, great deal for black friday, no customs bullshit, supporting a Canadian company - asked a forum member here that's running one - he loves it and has been super reliable, and also wanted to give the community more knowledge with a relatively unknown setup as I'll be going through a similar tuning process as you in the spring time.

I don't know why but I wanna draggy with people that I don't know on the internet so bad. And you can't do it with an IS20 - it's like going to the gym and putting anything less than a plate a side on the bar.

Big shout out for @Diggs24 for being super available whenever I had any questions. Ended up going down a route that literally like one other guy on this forum has - but, that's just what I do.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Draggy came in today . So naturally had to take it to mexico to give it a shot. With no real 1/4 mile track around that I can run at, this is the first real times I've had for 1/4 mile. Dont laugh too hard. My goal is to get This into the 11s....... then the 10s.... lol.
Screenshot_20211122-162245_dragy.jpg

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I have had a Dragy for months and still have yet to use it. I need to change that this weekend.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Duties kill us here in Canada.

Honestly, this is how it went down. I've been jonesing for a turbo upgrade for the past four months. And I wanted a powerband that resembles an IS38. Bought a never used HPFP locally a few months back for a killer deal - $200CAD. I've been looking for a similarly "used" turbo locally and the best deal that came up was a DBV2 - decided to pass on it. I waited for the Boost weather sale to see the discounts - and although solid, the duties and brokerage kills us here in Canada. Waited on TPC to release their new line - it came out; was most likely going to go with TPC25 within the next month.

Member here was selling a new HPA FRP500 and I was going to buy it off him - but then I realized that for that big boy I'd most likely have to go MPI and LPFP, and after seeing what happened to you and how slippery that slope is - passed. Then today I got an email from HPA (I had a few of their parts on my MK6R) and they were like: "Hey Dave, check out this sale we're having" and I was like "Go on...". Kit comes with everything needed to install and then some - I'll sell my IE intake and TIP to offset some of the cost - go back to factory airbox. The numbers on HPA's site were with a HPFP only and I liked them; so in short: able to sell my intake, great deal for black friday, no customs bullshit, supporting a Canadian company - asked a forum member here that's running one - he loves it and has been super reliable, and also wanted to give the community more knowledge with a relatively unknown setup as I'll be going through a similar tuning process as you in the spring time.

I don't know why but I wanna draggy with people that I don't know on the internet so bad. And you can't do it with an IS20 - it's like going to the gym and putting anything less than a plate a side on the bar.

Big shout out for @Diggs24 for being super available whenever I had any questions. Ended up going down a route that literally like one other guy on this forum has - but, that's just what I do.

Ahh, yes. I fondly remember the those days you're in now... The days of "I just need the turbo, HPFP, and tune. Ezpz, I'll be all set!" And then, well... you know the rest.

8TYDYEJ.gif