GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vibration at highway speed since getting new wheels

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Since Getting my Konig Hypergrams installed on my car with the OEM tires I have noticed considerable vibration coming through the pedal, steering wheel and even the seat a little. Have not had a chance to swing by discount tire to have the look at it, but what could be causing this? Tires not getting balanced? Installed wrong, if you can install a tire and wheel wrong and still be able to drive. Never had any issues like this with OEM wheels using same tire.

johng.wissig

Ready to race!
Since Getting my Konig Hypergrams installed on my car with the OEM tires I have noticed considerable vibration coming through the pedal, steering wheel and even the seat a little. Have not had a chance to swing by discount tire to have the look at it, but what could be causing this? Tires not getting balanced? Installed wrong, if you can install a tire and wheel wrong and still be able to drive. Never had any issues like this with OEM wheels using same tire.
Do these wheels use centering rings? One thing that may help regardless is to get the wheels off the ground loosen and tighten with a torque wrench in steps.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Do these wheels use centering rings? One thing that may help regardless is to get the wheels off the ground loosen and tighten with a torque wrench in steps.
^This, and also ensure the correct bolts for the wheels are used and they’re tightened in the correct sequence;
C740744C-7EE3-4D4C-A315-B2CB2913DEB2.jpeg

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Or are those rings tall/long enough to clear the olive on the hub centre bore flange??..Many of them are too short so the whole wheel slides behind the olive & the wheel is still "out"...been there done that!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Every Discount Tires store I have been to allows me to drive the car in and stay with the car and watch them do the work. I use that opportunity to check how much brake pads I have left. And I witness what is being done.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Every Discount Tires store I have been to allows me to drive the car in and stay with the car and watch them do the work. I use that opportunity to check how much brake pads I have left. And I witness what is being done.
To be honest I would not know what I was looking at on allot of stuff. I am not a car guy.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
To be honest I would not know what I was looking at on allot of stuff. I am not a car guy.
Do you have a friend who could go with you and make sure it has the centering rings, proper bolt pattern and gets balanced properly?

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Do you have a friend who could go with you and make sure it has the centering rings, proper bolt pattern and gets balanced properly?
Well, no. They probably know less than I do about cars...LOL. I have an appointment for Friday to take it back and let them look at it. I will bring all of that up. I have never had a problem at Discount Tire that they could not fix. If one of the guys forgot something or did it wrong they will fix it.