GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody In The Mid-Ohio Valley Area of WV? Shop recommendations?

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Just thought I’d post a thread and see if anybody is in the area. I’m always curious about what shops folks are using locally and whatnot. Never really comfortable with handing my car over for certain things in this area lol Been looking for a good tire shop recently and still not sure which place will do a decent job. Also looking for a good shop to do some transmission work down the line when I get an upgraded clutch. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated :D

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Pat's Speed Shop in Buchannon is great and has been building modified VW's for a good while, but they're on the opposite side of the state from you

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Pat's Speed Shop in Buchannon is great and has been building modified VW's for a good while, but they're on the opposite side of the state from you
Thanks for the heads up Reggie! I have some family in Elkins. I could make a trip out of it possibly. We had a newer place here before COVID but I haven’t seen them post in a while and not sure if they are still doing any performance mods or work at all. I know they did some work on a couple MK7s last year though.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
You're welcome, glad to help. I think I remember seeing a couple of posts by the shop that you mentioned, but nothing since then. Who knows if they're still around

BIGTom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Thanks for the heads up Reggie! I have some family in Elkins. I could make a trip out of it possibly. We had a newer place here before COVID but I haven’t seen them post in a while and not sure if they are still doing any performance mods or work at all. I know they did some work on a couple MK7s last year though.
Did you ever find a Mid-Ohio Valley shop that does good work?

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Did you ever find a Mid-Ohio Valley shop that does good work?
Not exactly. I haven’t really needed anything done yet, though. I have heard good things about Lightners for suspension though. A lot of the SCCA guys go there for work from what I have been told. Other than that, I will make the trip to Pat’s Speed Shop if I need something big done EG transmission, turbo, etc… If you want, BT Performance is the one I was talking about earlier in the thread. But I am not sure if they still do VW work or not. Check them out on Facebook-that is where I have messaged them in the past. What do you need done?

BIGTom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Not exactly. I haven’t really needed anything done yet, though. I have heard good things about Lightners for suspension though. A lot of the SCCA guys go there for work from what I have been told. Other than that, I will make the trip to Pat’s Speed Shop if I need something big done EG transmission, turbo, etc… If you want, BT Performance is the one I was talking about earlier in the thread. But I am not sure if they still do VW work or not. Check them out on Facebook-that is where I have messaged them in the past. What do you need done?
Thanks that’s good to know for sure. I wasn’t aware of those. Might get supporting mods for stage 2 but I guess just anywhere can install them.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Thanks that’s good to know for sure. I wasn’t aware of those. Might get supporting mods for stage 2 but I guess just anywhere can install them.
IF they are still active. BT had a dyno as well And used to make custom turbo/intercooler piping for different cars. I would think they could handle stage 2 supporting mods rather easily if they are still doing it. But I haven’t heard anything from them in a while. Worth a shot to shoot them a message on Facebook. Let me know what you find out. I will be looking to upgrade to stage 2 soon as well loL! And I am getting too lazy and old to do it in my garage lol. It is also too cold to do it lol