GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A2B RS3 retro pump no longer avail.?... alternative options LPFP for GTi...a2b protec brushless or eqt brushless

2 pumps enter one pump leaves

• Total voters

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You already got it!

Pre hybrid - build thread had 4 pages…. It’s now at 24 pages

A good 15 pages of that are you and Diggs telling me to get a LPFP 🤣

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
when

Acadia18 clout runneth over and into my post about his post.​

;-P

d0317e1f46e91014425da3abf8e4390a97606f433a9367cc3259fd7d5731b01a_1.jpg

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
Well, hurry up and get that turbo in. It's the kind of thing you can do when you have clout 😎
this one might be a slow process until i can figure out what i want to do, im stuck in cross roads right now, as I dont have much option for e85 around my area.. may just get a fuel pump/sensors and PM4 and get it tuned on 2 fuels 91&e85 and call it good.. we shall see. but LP pump is inevitable before anything gets installed.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
For a Vortex XL the RS3 pump is fine. If you're willing to do some shopping, you can piece together a kit for ~$700. RS3 pump and controller from any Audi dealer, and the easiest option is the A2B DIY kit (basically a re-pinned and sleeved oem harness + connectors, and a siphon fitting).
EQT/Innovative are charging a $500-600 premium so you don't have to splice in the driver-side float sensor yourself (maybe not a thing at all on FWD? Not sure). If you were really handy you could replicate the adapter they include to remove the splice.

I have the PagParts LPFP, it's great but in no way necessary for a stock-frame turbo. Selling it off as soon as I re-tune for the RS3 pump.

Last edited:

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Just FYI, the RS3 pump with the controller we use is good for about 600whp and a little more on some cars.

-- Ed

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I'm sure the RS3 controller can push that on the EQT dyno ;) (I wouldn't suggest anyone buy the silver controller). If the markup is for something like the protec or torqbyte controller then, wow, nice.

The setup I'm trying:

4M0906093N - 8v RS3 controller ("black" brushless controller)
8V0919087A - 8v RS3 pump/basket (blue tophat)

I'm using the A2B harness with siphon adapter and driver float pigtail, but some folks have purchased and re-pinned the harness as well (8V0971727A, might be another connector p/n). Ordered a few connectors to make the AWD kit splice-less (the only advantage I see to the EQT/Innovate kit, which is like 40 cents in plastic, heh), will share those here if that comes to fruition.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I'm sure the RS3 controller can push that on the EQT dyno ;) (I wouldn't suggest anyone buy the silver controller). If the markup is for something like the protec or torqbyte controller then, wow, nice.

The setup I'm trying:

4M0906093N - 8v RS3 controller ("black" brushless controller)
8V0919087A - 8v RS3 pump/basket (blue tophat)

I'm using the A2B harness with siphon adapter and driver float pigtail, but some folks have purchased and re-pinned the harness as well (8V0971727A, might be another connector p/n). Ordered a few connectors to make the AWD kit splice-less (the only advantage I see to the EQT/Innovate kit, which is like 40 cents in plastic, heh), will share those here if that comes to fruition.
I'm referencing Dynojet power there :p

We have a brand new Mustang 800 dyno going in next month :)

-- Ed

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
I'm referencing Dynojet power there :p

We have a brand new Mustang 800 dyno going in next month :)

-- Ed
yesss! looking forward to making some jam on the new dyno soon!. hoping for 480 whp. XL on E30/35 hpfp/lpfp no MPI

Last edited: