Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Anyone pick this one up?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Nice! I snagged it up on the PS5. I haven't played MP CoD in years (really don't play too much MP of anything), but I have been playing this at night to blow off steam, and it's pretty damn fun actually. I was thinking about getting the new Battlefield, but I have heard it's pretty lackluster....and CoD is sctraching my "shoot shoot bang bang" itch, so I may just pass on the new BF. The cross platform MP works flawlessly as well.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I picked it up last week. I'm about halfway through the story line, and have played zombies on it. The zombies experience was disappointing . They are trying to hard to gear toward the new players and drifting away from the roots of zombies. I loved the hunt for easter eggs and the whole "one wrong move and you done messed up a-Aron." But overall, I do like the game.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Nice! I snagged it up on the PS5. I haven't played MP CoD in years (really don't play too much MP of anything), but I have been playing this at night to blow off steam, and it's pretty damn fun actually. I was thinking about getting the new Battlefield, but I have heard it's pretty lackluster....and CoD is sctraching my "shoot shoot bang bang" itch, so I may just pass on the new BF. The cross platform MP works flawlessly as well.

My first CoD was MW19 and I fell in love with the multiplayer. I bought BOCW so that I'd still have something to play with a healthy playerbase, but didn't enjoy that as much. I'm liking V so far. A good amount of my gaming buddies are playing BF and Halo though, so the temptation to switch is real.

I picked it up last week. I'm about halfway through the story line, and have played zombies on it. The zombies experience was disappointing . They are trying to hard to gear toward the new players and drifting away from the roots of zombies. I loved the hunt for easter eggs and the whole "one wrong move and you done messed up a-Aron." But overall, I do like the game.

I liked the storyline but I wish it was longer. IDK if it's because I binged it over two/three days, or if it's just the way it was, but I really found myself wishing there was more of a dive into the characters or more playtime as the team.

I've never played zombies. Not once.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Man, I haven't played zombie mode since the first time it was introduced. I messed around with the campaign on this one for a bit and then decided to give MP a whirl...I have been stinking up team deathmatch games ever since.
My first CoD was MW19 and I fell in love with the multiplayer. I bought BOCW so that I'd still have something to play with a healthy playerbase, but didn't enjoy that as much. I'm liking V so far. A good amount of my gaming buddies are playing BF and Halo though, so the temptation to switch is real.

I liked the storyline but I wish it was longer. IDK if it's because I binged it over two/three days, or if it's just the way it was, but I really found myself wishing there was more of a dive into the characters or more playtime as the team.

I've never played zombies. Not once.
I was going to get BF....but I am going to hold off on it since I have heard that some of the game is lacking right now. I'll just wait until the first few big patches fall and then pick it up. I will probably give Halo a whirl though. I have the GamePass for PC subscription (worth the $10 IMHO) and I am pretty sure I can get Halo through that. Only problem is I am an IT guy by trade and we started working from home March 2020. Since then, work from home has become our norm (we hired a bunch of people all across the country since 'rona...which is good because we grew a lot). I do go in to the office in town to set up and ship out equipment every now and then, but the bulk of my day is spent in my workshop in front of my PC. Because of that, trying to play anything on PC anymore is like pulling teeth. It's so bad that when I build my wife's PC for Christmas, I am just going to use the 2070 out of my rig and put the 1070 back in mine.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I was going to get BF....but I am going to hold off on it since I have heard that some of the game is lacking right now. I'll just wait until the first few big patches fall and then pick it up. I will probably give Halo a whirl though. I have the GamePass for PC subscription (worth the $10 IMHO) and I am pretty sure I can get Halo through that. Only problem is I am an IT guy by trade and we started working from home March 2020. Since then, work from home has become our norm (we hired a bunch of people all across the country since 'rona...which is good because we grew a lot). I do go in to the office in town to set up and ship out equipment every now and then, but the bulk of my day is spent in my workshop in front of my PC. Because of that, trying to play anything on PC anymore is like pulling teeth. It's so bad that when I build my wife's PC for Christmas, I am just going to use the 2070 out of my rig and put the 1070 back in mine.

So you switch over to console to game, so that you can get away from your work desk? Makes sense but man, the difference between my PC and an Xbox is pretty big.

I did love BFV when I had a group of guys to play with, so I'm hoping the patches work out well and then we can all get back together. Similar with Halo, AMD just put out a game-specific driver that really helps with performance I guess.

I'm super curious to see how the Cod Anticheat implementation goes, I have stayed away from Warzone since like Season 3 but what we've got for the new map looks cool.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
So you switch over to console to game, so that you can get away from your work desk? Makes sense but man, the difference between my PC and an Xbox is pretty big.

I did love BFV when I had a group of guys to play with, so I'm hoping the patches work out well and then we can all get back together. Similar with Halo, AMD just put out a game-specific driver that really helps with performance I guess.

I'm super curious to see how the Cod Anticheat implementation goes, I have stayed away from Warzone since like Season 3 but what we've got for the new map looks cool.
Yeah....I just can't ever get myself to mess with the PC after work. I have a PS5 so the change from PC to console isn't too jarring for me. I am real bummed about the new BF. I am hoping they get it patched up before Christmas.