GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 2022 Ford Maverick

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Idk it can only tow 2k pounds. My Pilot will tow 5k and hold 7 people. Get a used trailer off Craigslist’s and you can haul whatever you need.

I like the looks tho.
the add on of the tow package (725$) ... you can tow up to 4000lbs.

I would use the term "truck" there VERY loosely with it's 4 foot or whatever bed there
I sorta get the appeal, for what it is, but it's barely a truck IMO
I have learned pretty quickly that the truck community is really big on gatekeeping. If it has a bed, its a truck. This is technically a "mid-sized truck" and its the cheapest on the market in 2022. "but it doesn't have a v8, its not a full-size, it's not a diesel, it's not lifted" lol

I was doing some comparisons and most ram 1500 classic with nice specs and the normal 1500 with decent specs are around 40k and up. This isn't for everyone but its a nice turn of the page to see a "truck" in an affordable price range. My current truck is a gen 3 ram 1500 which I was given. 18 years ago it cost 23k, now an equivalent model is 40-50k

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
2 completely different types of trucks. The Mustang is like an SUV with a small bed and limited towing capacity. If you're only comparing on the final price instead of type of truck then the Tacoma because it's proven vs an entirely new vehicle in it's first year of production.

right I’m comparing the OTD price of how I would spec it. I’m a value motivated shopper and always have been.

also the Tacoma is similar in dimensions.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I would use the term "truck" there VERY loosely with it's 4 foot or whatever bed there
I sorta get the appeal, for what it is, but it's barely a truck IMO
Yeah definitely not what i'd consider a truck. It is good for the target audience though. My friend is for sure buying one when they come out. Its basically an SUV with an open bed, so my preference would be just to get an SUV and have secured cargo area that can lock, but to each their own

Mandatoryclutchpedal

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Cbr1000rr, GTI S
Base model cheaper than a civic.
More interior room than a Ranger.
Small enough to park anywhere.
The hybrid model at 21k is a steal for what it offers. It wont win any races or tow your motorhome but that's not the point.

Generally unobtanium unless you like the specced out model on dealer lots.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
so my neighbor actually just picked up a maverick. he got a higher up model but its pretty nice. Obviously it is what it is, but thats why its priced as is. For a brand new small truck, its hard to beat.

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 GTI
I'll just leave these here... :oops:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
FWD CVT. enjoy that 2k tow capacity 🤣

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I don't think the people who will be interested in it will be because of towing. More of a Home Depot pick up some garden supplies etc.

I think it’s a psychological thing. Just like people in a Jeep Compass will try black bear pass, or the rubicon BeCaUsE JEeP, someone will try and use one of these to tow something.

A 4.5’ box gets filled up mighty quick, and that utility trailer looks so much better

I think there are a lot of full size trucks that have never actually towed anything lol

Absolutely, lots of mall crawlers, brodozers, and just folks that didn’t realize that their planned use doesn’t actually work out well.

I’ve got a lifted pickup, and it’s stored all winter.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude