GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Selling to Carmax

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I disagree with it but understand that they can legally pull it off for leases since they only commit to the written price if bought out by the lessee.

getting a payoff quote on a loan is different and shouldn’t be this fucking difficult. The outstanding balance is the outstanding balance regardless of who is paying it off.
Obfuscation. I think the finance people get confused, but you’re right, it shouldn’t matter with straight financing.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Obfuscation. I think the finance people get confused, but you’re right, it shouldn’t matter with straight financing.

they also make no money off my loan at 0%. They should be jumping at the chance to close it, recoup the nearly 40 grand left and start earning interest off of it.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
they also make no money off my loan at 0%. They should be jumping at the chance to close it, recoup the nearly 40 grand left and start earning interest off of it.
They’d still just be getting savings account level rates. LIBOR still sucks.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
So...I know nothing about CarMax since they're not around me.

Their offer is a one time deal or something?
They can't change/amend/extend it or anything?
If they can't....why can't they redo another offer (like you can thru Carvana or Vroom)?
I'm assuming the value might change?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

If they can't....why can't they redo another offer (like you can thru Carvana or Vroom)?

yeah all these services, their initial quote is the best one you’re gonna get. And that quote lasts like7 days, 250 miles on your odometer.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R

my offer expires close of business Thursday. They’ll reappraise it but the offer could and would likely go down. There’s also the hassle of taking it back to them for yet another appraisal. Every trip up is more mileage on the car.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
my offer expires close of business Thursday. They’ll reappraise it but the offer could and would likely go down. There’s also the hassle of taking it back to them for yet another appraisal. Every trip up is more mileage on the car.
Our Q5 went up $1,500, so it's not out of the question.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Our Q5 went up $1,500, so it's not out of the question.

I see what they’re selling them for. For my offer to go up anymore they’d probably have to be thinking retail is 47+ which would make it the most expensive R in their inventory. Another 24 hours and we’ll see.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I see what they’re selling them for. For my offer to go up anymore they’d probably have to be thinking retail is 47+ which would make it the most expensive R in their inventory. Another 24 hours and we’ll see.
You said it’s strange times. They certainly are. Good luck.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Called VW Credit again and finally got a live person on the phone (in a foreign call center) took about 5 minutes but he let me know he couldnt do anything since he only handled consumer communications. Got him to transfer me to what I think he called the corporate team. after 10 minutes with one of the most unpleasant people I'd ever spoken with carmax had the payoff. won't be using vw financing moving forward unless the rate is too good to pass up.

cb1111

Called VW Credit again and finally got a live person on the phone (in a foreign call center) took about 5 minutes but he let me know he couldnt do anything since he only handled consumer communications. Got him to transfer me to what I think he called the corporate team. after 10 minutes with one of the most unpleasant people I'd ever spoken with carmax had the payoff. won't be using vw financing moving forward unless the rate is too good to pass up.
0% is pretty hard to pass up

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Yeah, Carvana offered me $2K more than I paid for the car two years ago.

I've been watching VW Credit every day to see when the loan actually disappears. It's a bit unnerving.