GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Any projected group buy for this line on release, or expected to be full price only?
Absolutely!

We plan on offering a launch Group Buy for our VW/Audi 17"/18" forged wheels on release, similarly to how we launched the flow formed VW/Audi SM-10 Group Buy. It will be an opportunity to pre-order at a discounted price before the first batch of wheels arrives at our warehouse and we transition to retail sales.

-Geirsen

scrllock

Autocross Champion
For those of you itching for a set of forged wheels, I've got some great news! Today, we have officially launched our fully-forged "Sprint" line. The Sprint line prioritizes weight first and foremost and includes our all-new VS-5RS design, as well as our redesigned and re-engineered EC-7RS. While VW fitments will not be available at launch, we are working to bring them on as soon as possible. In the meantime, please feel free to check out the following page on our website to learn all about our new forged wheels: APEX Sprint Line Forged Wheels

Enjoy!

-Geirsen
Super super into the S-5RS design. Very interested if it will be available in 57.1 cb and mk7 offsets!

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Super super into the S-5RS design. Very interested if it will be available in 57.1 cb and mk7 offsets!
The VS-5RS will be available in 17x8.5" ET43, 17x9" ET42, 18x8.5" ET43, and 18x9" ET42 5x112 57.1mm CB VW/Audi fitments. However, those wheels will not be a part of our initial Sprint Line launch. We will likely have VW/Audi spec fitments available for preorder around late Q1 2022. Stay tuned!

-Geirsen

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
I can confirm no fitment issues on a 4motion sportwagen with 17x9's and 255/40r17 Hankook RS4's. Passenger side rear is a little close to the fuel filler hose, but doesn't seem to be touching it currently. I'll be dialing in a little more rear camber later today, so I'll be keeping my eyes on it to see if it's an issue.

Currently I'm on Bilstein B16's, 034 camber mounts up front and their HD street density rear upper mounts. Front control arms are the 18K Superpro alloy ones. -2.05 degrees of camber up front, -1.08 rear as it sits currently, will be increasing that to -1.7.

IMG_0351.JPG

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
For those not yet aware, our Black Friday sale is officially live on the website and will run through till the end of Cyber Monday at midnight. Plenty of discounts across the board for our VW/Audi SM-10 wheels, as well as our VW/Audi hardware and accessories. You guys can check out our entire BF sale via the following link: APEX Black Friday Sale 2021

Just as a heads-up, we have plenty of stock ready to ship out in all VW/Audi SM-10 fitments and for all finishes. The sale will also include our new Race Silver finish, which is available in all VW/Audi SM-10 fitments and can be preordered at the BF discount. Race Silver inventory arrival times will depend on the specific size purchased, so be sure to reference the ETA at checkout to know when your order will ship out.

As always, please let me know if anyone has any fitment questions before purchasing!

-Geirsen

bozaman

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 VW GTI (MK7.5)
@APEXWheels ... took advantage of the Black Friday deal with some SM-10s - 18x8.5 et43 in anthracite, mounted up with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s 235/40/18 on my 2019 VW GTI. They look AWESOME!!!

Excuse the mobile grab-snapshot I took as soon as I got home, but here's the first look. Note: my driveway is sloped to the left in this image, which is why it doesn't look completely level, and the car is on stock suspension so mind the gap. ;)

2019-vw-gti_apex-sm10.png

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
I wish I'd realized you guys were launching that new profile, I'd have probably waited and picked those up instead of the SM10. I really like the split 5 spoke design of the new sprint profiles.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I wish I'd realized you guys were launching that new profile, I'd have probably waited and picked those up instead of the SM10. I really like the split 5 spoke design of the new sprint profiles.
To be fair, the new design is forged and will not be nearly as cheap.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
To be fair, the new design is forged and will not be nearly as cheap.
True, but the only reason I didn't go forged is that the fitment of the SM-10's was what I wanted. I didn't know they were doing another wheel so soon. But the split 5 spoke is the aesthetic I prefer.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
True, but the only reason I didn't go forged is that the fitment of the SM-10's was what I wanted. I didn't know they were doing another wheel so soon. But the split 5 spoke is the aesthetic I prefer.
I’m right there with you, prefer the FI5 look even without a lip and would prefer a forged wheel, even at the elevated cost.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I can confirm no fitment issues on a 4motion sportwagen with 17x9's and 255/40r17 Hankook RS4's. Passenger side rear is a little close to the fuel filler hose, but doesn't seem to be touching it currently. I'll be dialing in a little more rear camber later today, so I'll be keeping my eyes on it to see if it's an issue.

Currently I'm on Bilstein B16's, 034 camber mounts up front and their HD street density rear upper mounts. Front control arms are the 18K Superpro alloy ones. -2.05 degrees of camber up front, -1.08 rear as it sits currently, will be increasing that to -1.7.

View attachment 230429
So the 17x9 fits APR BBK...nice

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I've been wanting to see the SM10s Silver on mk7.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
@APEXWheels ... took advantage of the Black Friday deal with some SM-10s - 18x8.5 et43 in anthracite, mounted up with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s 235/40/18 on my 2019 VW GTI. They look AWESOME!!!

Excuse the mobile grab-snapshot I took as soon as I got home, but here's the first look. Note: my driveway is sloped to the left in this image, which is why it doesn't look completely level, and the car is on stock suspension so mind the gap. ;)

View attachment 232290

The new setup looks great, even at stock ride height! Glad to hear you are enjoying the wheels so far!

We are still working on the final development details for our VW/Audi fitment Sprint Line wheels and they will likely not be available (fingers crossed) until around Q2 of next year. The Sprint Line has been kept under tight wraps leading up to our recent launch, so I haven't been able to divulge too much publically until now. For the time being, we are looking to offer the VS-5RS in VW/Audi fitments initially and follow up with additional designs later on. It is also important to recognize that flow formed wheels and forged wheels cater to entirely different markets, so our new Sprint Line launch isn't quite the same as following up with another flow formed design (i.e FL-5, ARC-8, etc) in our current VW/Audi fitments.

-Geirsen