GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE stage 2 crackle tune not exactly as expected

Docterlat

Passed Driver's Ed
I have no idea if its my set up or what, but the crackles dont rumble its just 2 loud cracks and its done, any info from anyone?

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
For what its worth I got EQT's "gurgle" tune which I expected to sound... gurgly? Instead it was 6 gunshot-loud bangs every time I let off the gas. Definitely not what it was marketed as, but almost everyone disagrees with me.

Docterlat

Passed Driver's Ed
For what its worth I got EQT's "gurgle" tune which I expected to sound... gurgly? Instead it was 6 gunshot-loud bangs every time I let off the gas. Definitely not what it was marketed as, but almost everyone disagrees with me.
Yeah idk if its cus no muffler or becayse the tune isnt what they say or what

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
No muffler + crackle tune = making friends wherever you go.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
When these gurgle/pops bangs tunes came out for our platform i was one of the minority who requested them to be removed off my tunes immediately. It was funny once, then immediately became annoying. I might just be too old now though so who knows.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Yeah I think crackle tunes are definitely for the youngins. I loved it on my Srt4 but now I can see how much I must of pissed off the world as I get older. It also depends on your area of living. I suppose if you live in a more rural area, it's not as bad because the sound is spaced out (aside from probably 1 unlucky house you drive by every time and do it).

The problem is when you live in highly dense areas. You're literally pissing off everyone in every house as you let off going through the neighborhood but in your mind, you probably think everyone loves it. You would be entirely wrong to assume that. No, rather, put in your head, you are literally getting people in their houses to say, there goes that ****** ***** again, collectively.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
The gurgle on my Sneekytuned file is way milder than my stage 2 eqt file was.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I admit to apologizing to my neighbors in advance when I bought the Comet. it's kinda loud but at least it's a V8

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
If this is you everyone hates you and you're a douchecannon.

I agree there's a proper time and place for everything... but (*puts hat on backwards*) I'd rather be a douche having fun with buddies than be an angry old man screaming at kids passing by.