GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

npace

Autocross Champion
Most places are "shitty low end places." Why shouod i be paying people with tips when their employers should be paying them?
This. What kills me is when a place wants to charge $8 for a beer and then wants me to tip on top of that. And before everyone starts talking about the price of beer, please don't. I generally drink cheap domestic beer that goes for around $1 per beer, less if on sale, when I buy a 12 pack.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
This. What kills me is when a place wants to charge $8 for a beer and then wants me to tip on top of that. And before everyone starts talking about the price of beer, please don't. I generally drink cheap domestic beer that goes for around $1 per beer, less if on sale, when I buy a 12 pack.
When I buy beer only buy the good stuff sold in pint four packs. Generally that is $4 or more a beer but the way I see it, if I going to have a beer I am going to have a beer.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Sure, but my point is, even at that price, the restaurant or bar is still making a good profit.
Oh I get what you are saying and whole heartily agree with you. There is a good chunk of cheap people in the world who really don't tip so if the business starts paying higher wages to compensate for no tipping then their prices go up. These increased prices will make consumers go to a competitor that is not paying those wages through their prices and results in lost revenue or going out of business.

Personally I believe the ship has sailed and the only way this can be corrected would be through government requirements and not by the discretion of the business. I also believe if someone wants to make more money they should make different choices in life as the service industry is generally not the way to buy a Porsche.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Restaurants can't find workers because former workers don't want to work for tips anymore. I don't blame them.
Nobody wants to wear a mask all day either.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Why is it when there's NFL games on 2 different channels at the same time and one of them goes to commercials I flip to the other game and they are having commercials too? Frustrating.

npace

Autocross Champion
Why is it when there's NFL games on 2 different channels at the same time and one of them goes to commercials I flip to the other game and they are having commercials too? Frustrating.
It's coordinated on purpose. The NFL game is just there to get you to watch. Start watching F1. It's cheap (free if you already have cable with ESPN). If you stream and log in using your service provider, there's no commercials (you know, minus everything pasted all over the cars, and the track boards, and the suits and helmets). But you get to watch the whole thing without being interrupted.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It's coordinated on purpose. The NFL game is just there to get you to watch. Start watching F1. It's cheap (free if you already have cable with ESPN). If you stream and log in using your service provider, there's no commercials (you know, minus everything pasted all over the cars, and the track boards, and the suits and helmets). But you get to watch the whole thing without being interrupted.
I plan on watching when F1 is on at hours that work for me but it sure won't replace football.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
7 bucks a beer in Brooklyn bars years ago. Oh yeah, don't forget to tip.
And these days waiters get pissed when you tip them 15%. Really?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
7 bucks a beer in Brooklyn bars years ago. Oh yeah, don't forget to tip.
And these days waiters get pissed when you tip them 15%. Really?
If they're a good server, I'll give them 20% plus. If they suck, they should thank their lucky stars for the 15%.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI