GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Every year in the winter, wake up one day, get in my car and get that snowflake warning. So annoying, I better program that out. Then I don't see it again til the following year. #Texaswinters

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Body shop keeps telling me that my alignment is "perfect" even though the steering wheel is slightly to the left. They said its "to compensate for the roads slightly sloped to the right for water runoff." I told them I wanted the steering wheel perfectly straight and they said they can't do it because it's "not within VW specs" and "will always be slightly to the left."

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Tigeo,

Thanks for sharing that! I'm sure you've shared before, but I don't catch everything. I've been passively searching for the proper access code to disable that stinking "Ice Warning" for a long time. I'm looking forward to trying it on my car. Take Care!
Does it disable it, or just move it a few degrees colder?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Body shop keeps telling me that my alignment is "perfect" even though the steering wheel is slightly to the left. They said its "to compensate for the roads slightly sloped to the right for water runoff." I told them I wanted the steering wheel perfectly straight and they said they can't do it because it's "not within VW specs" and "will always be slightly to the left."

Just yank off the steering wheel and put it back on one or two degrees different on the spline to correct it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
...is this easy to do? I may just have to instead of having them "fix it" again.

Yes. It took me about 45 minutes to swap my steering wheel to a carbon fiber one, and most of that was wrestling with the trim on the wheel. Which you wouldn't have to do if you were just taking it off, moving it a degree or two over, and putting it back on.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Got the new “nutbars” on the sigma endlinks, makes for a much easier adjusting since I just need the Allen on the driver/Ratchet
F6CCF4C4-A2DA-4A42-B9C1-8818421A7EC8.jpeg

Got it pretty dialed in now between the CW and DG….😅

Last edited:

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Finished up installing the APR front brakes and GTI powerpack rears today, little bit of a soft pedal on the first drive, probably a little more air in the front calipers to bleed out, APR’s instructions mention this being possible and recommend driving a bit to let the vibrations move the bubbles up near the bleeders so that’s my plan. I’ve got a set of front Ferodo DS2500 pads coming anyways, so probably during this next week I’ll swap those pads in and rebleed the front calipers.

13A27CCF-FC38-4589-B5A7-1D1818517501.jpeg